PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most amazing value for money mod EVER!!!!

Rowly
21-05-2014, 05:27 PM
IMPROVES:
Bike Stability,
Body Position and weight adjustment,
Weight control with Passengers
Handling Characteristics,
RIDERS OVERALL SKILL LEVEL
Overall comfort and ride.

Amazing, all for under 40 quid! I look good in overalls too.

wezrvf
21-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Did I miss something ?

LouSCannon
21-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Think a link is missing

Dirty
21-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Tank grips?

Rowly
21-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Tank Grips it is. How amazing are they......apparently!?!
This is the blurb on the TechSpec tank gripsters (or whatever they are called) packaging.
Never mind upgrading forks, tyres, brakes and all that unnecessary modification nonsense. Slap on a couple of rubbery squares and you're capable of pole at the next MotoGP.

wezrvf
21-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Haha. I thought that was your review of them. I nearly got a pair!

I have been looking at these for a while, would probably go for stomp grips though as they come in clear.

Anyone use them??

Dirty
21-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Tank Grips it is. How amazing are they......apparently!?!
This is the blurb on the TechSpec tank gripsters (or whatever they are called) packaging.
Never mind upgrading forks, tyres, brakes and all that unnecessary modification nonsense. Slap on a couple of rubbery squares and you're capable of pole at the next MotoGP.

The £60 ones make your bike stop and go faster too :D

pompone
22-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Riders overall skill levels? That's a bold claim! :rolleyes::eek:

Rowly
22-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Pompone, how do you think I feel? I have paid for the beginners track day at Silverstone. With these on my bike I should obviously be in the Advanced class!

Black Bob
22-05-2014, 07:14 AM
I've been looking for some of these for a while. (But not very hard, obviously.)

Got a link ?

Dirty
22-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Pompone, how do you think I feel? I have paid for the beginners track day at Silverstone. With these on my bike I should obviously be in the Advanced class!

If you buy 2 you could race Moto GP in open class. I believe Marquez has 12 fitted on his bike and eats 3 for breakfast :yoparty:

adrianbalchi
22-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Don't mock! - I think they aren't far wrong actually?

Had some 'Eazi-Grip' strips and they worked okay.

But yesterday, I popped the snakeskin TechSpec ones I had on my other set of panels (as the adhesive allows you to remove and refit)

I've never gotten to Tesco so quick! even got my foot down on the roundabout MotoGP stylie

Best 'go faster' bang for your buck since Monster Spokey Dokeys I say?
Ade

Wildfire
22-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I had Tech Specs C3 on my Ninja. They were a revolution until about 5 moths later when they had worn very badly and became pretty shiny. I was disappointed to say the least with the wear. Turns out the C3 is just EVA foam.

I have the C3 on my Monster and they do see to make a difference.

My mate bought Snake skin and the materials seems much better.

Sadly Tech Spec don't do MV grips, so I've gone for Eazi Grip by R&G. Definitely not as comfortable.

Rowly
22-05-2014, 05:11 PM
I "used" them today on my daily commute. Can't say my overalls got any skillier. I might have put them on the wrong way 'round.
They are a nice thing, I got the snakeskin ones from:
///(url)€€€WTF?!?!]HERE] http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/home.php?cat=632 ([WTF)£££&@url.

My inspiration comes from Matt Costible's bike http://il-ducatista.com/matt-costabile-ducati-monster-1100r/