:D

spidermonkey
27-01-2004, 07:00 PM
just to start things of i fitted blueflame twin port
steve

CK & AK
27-01-2004, 07:58 PM
We both cant vote on this, so:

CK - custom made SS low level cans (originals packed away in the garage, where the last ones were)

AK - custom one off complete system, with twin shortie carbon cans.

also cut down std cans somewhere in Bluefoots pad (or at local dump by now!!!)

:burnout:

fatbloke
27-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I've had my M900 2 years and I'm on my 4th different system it has never had standard cans on it, It was delivered with termi's. Currently 2 into 1 50mm full system

mick
27-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Sil hi level carbons for me..... :D

....................... I wish it was summer..........

SazzaG
27-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Did have standard cans (new bike), but I got fed up with following JMo, and only being able to hear her bike.

So, I bought her Carbon Can Co cans off her, and they are the most amazing sounding things! Mind you, still can't hear myself on rideouts, 'cos JMo's now got an under-engine exhaust....

Ooh, I so love waking up my sleepy village on summer Sunday mornings!

Saz

Pedro
27-01-2004, 09:52 PM
105 decibel, Carbon Leo Vinces

Set off car alarms nicely, thank you very much!!!

Also almost drown out the rattly clutch! (Didge, I'm dissapointed yer sorting yours!!)

Ped

craigie
27-01-2004, 10:43 PM
mine came with DP cans on,
not terribly loud but great sound on the over-run.

Craig

A Yerbury
27-01-2004, 11:01 PM
remus gp low lvl alu. ditto loud but not uber loud -less plod action hopefully- but the over-run....oy vey! sweet music.
yerbs.

Mr Cake
27-01-2004, 11:05 PM
105db low level aluminium oval Sils.

I don't like cardboard fibre! Wanted something that still looked standard, so I don't know where that fits into the poll.

Dave

Blufoot
28-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Ive got sil low level aluminium beauties! very nice.

Erm, the short standard ones I 'borrowed' off of AK, well the back ends blew out of them one day - but AK knows and he forgives me!! :-)

Mand
28-01-2004, 08:22 AM
I got standard cans on mine still. I only got my bike in the summer and I am saving desperately hard for some "loud" ones.
I am thinking of not feeding the kids for a week or two.

I get a good sound in my garage though - I have to use my imagination! :D

Jay
28-01-2004, 08:45 AM
High-level Carbon Sils, sound lurvely! My elderly Italian lady neighbour loves em too ... she looks through the curtains and waves at me... bless! However, my other neighbour, who is the anti-christ, doesn't like them.

LeMarsu
28-01-2004, 09:30 AM
105db High-level Titanium ! that is the sound of a DUCATI!!

unlike fatbloke I can't pay for "4th different system " ! in 2 years !!! :(

nik_the_brief
28-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Viper stainless steel straight through race cans. Bought 'em from ColinC on this here website - waheey!

EVERYBODY knows when I'm on my way. The car park attendants at the multi storey behind my office have earplugs for when I start her up at nights. So far not a pull from plod but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. "Loud pipes save lives Officer!"

Gotta change 'em for a day or two in April as it's MOT time :(

dukiwi
28-01-2004, 10:16 AM
standard suckers on mine....new bike and all.

was in a cab last night and a yellow monster with low-level termis blew past us outside kings cross station. i decided then that i have to make the change.

i'll be getting some fitted when i take it in for it's first post run-in service.

500 miles to go...

Julie
28-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Cat & Fiddler
105db low level aluminium oval Sils.

I don't like cardboard fibre! Wanted something that still looked standard, so I don't know where that fits into the poll.

Dave

i'm the same as you. i wanted something that kept to original line of the bike. but sounded fantastic

johnypebs
28-01-2004, 12:00 PM
I got the low, alloy, oval Sils from Snowman on this site. He had them on his 620 but they went straight on my S4 without a swear word or special tools. They're the 85 db ones, just the right volume of beautiful desmo music. However, the db reducer is only held in by two wee blobs of weld which means an easy 105 db bodge if required. rhumbaaaaa, rhumbaaaaaa

Mrs Soup
28-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi level carbon Sil's from Chris Clarke (85Db I think). Less likely to get damaged when I drop it.

Good noise, not tooo loud, but I'm told you can feel them when I start the bike in the basement under the office!

The bike has been through 3 MoT's with them on, but I'm not telling you where..

kevin5952
28-01-2004, 04:03 PM
standards on mine but if you know of any noisy but legal cans going please let me know.i,ve got a neighbour i don,t like!

NewMon
02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
New bike. Need to see/hear loads of different cans before making my mind up. Current thinking is: Mustn't be "silly" loud, Needs to add at least a little performance. High level not required. Cheap and made of something indestructible.

Obviously, some compromises will have to be made :rolleyes:

Albie
02-02-2004, 10:01 PM
standard at mo awaiting weather for mot .lovely sounding scorpions but crap fit at swingarm so desperately want link high pipes awiting zorstec reply Hmm. but very loud up back ally and rattles windows down the street oops another alarm set of sorry!