PDA

View Full Version : side stand cut out switch on M900

26-01-2004, 09:21 PM
I'd like to disable the flip up side stand on my M900 but would like to build in some kind of cut out to prevent motion with the side stand down.

Has anyone rigged anything up utilising the neutral light switch and the side stand warning lamp?

Idea being that if you put it in gear with the stand down the bike cuts out. I'm no electrician but the concept suggests it ought to be fairly easy to do.

I did get the wiring diagram out but my eyes sort of glazed over and after a minute or two I decided to go and look at my bike instead of hurting my brain.

Any ideas?

gjams
26-01-2004, 10:09 PM
I was doing some research on this as well. As far as I know, there two ways of doing it.

a- http://www.ducatisuite.com/miscmods.html
This website that has all sorts of mods for monster (one of them is the side stand wiring).

The problem with this solution is that allows you to engage first gear and drive off with the stand down...

b- http://www.evoluzione.net/
These guys sell a bypass kit which can be installed and allows you to idle with the side-stand down. It also switches the engine off when trying to get into 1st gear with the stand still down. It doesn't cost a lot but this guys are in America and I don't know if there are dealer for it in the uk...

hope it helps...

Pedro
26-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Proto

my old ZX600 Kwacker would start with the stand down but as soon as you engaged first gear (also with stand down) it would cut out. Might be worth having a look to see how the Japs do it and then copy it to the Monster.

Either that or get a flip up side stand. The early models had what is lovingly known as a Suicide Stand as it flips up when you take the weight off it. It takes a bit of getting used to but I find it no real problem

Hope this helps

Ped

Bunny
27-01-2004, 03:37 AM
www.spareshack.com
Stuart sells them

27-01-2004, 06:31 AM
Mine is an carb model M900 with the "suicide stand". I think the kits that Spareshack sells are forlater bike sto allow the bike to idle with clutch lever released and stand down, not posible with standard bikes.

As Pedro says, I'm trying to make the side stand switch/neutral switch work in the same way as my Hondas. With stand down, selecting a gear will kill the motor.