PDA

View Full Version : Kriega R8

jonzi
12-05-2014, 09:29 PM
http://www.kriega.com/r8/

Got one of these for sale.

Been used once or twice. Comes with the tool roll

Make me an offer.

Can possibly bring it to the weekender. Or I will hopefully be at Anglesey the bank holiday weekend and possibly Donington on the Tuesday following that.

jonzi
13-05-2014, 08:45 AM
And we've got a winner.

Cheers!

slob
13-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Doing an 'Iceland' and buying from yourself at a profit?

hhmunro
13-05-2014, 05:18 PM
slightly tangential, but have always wondered the wisdom of wearing things, particularly lumpy things, around your waist on a bike, having lost a mate who had a chain and padlock around his waist during a Kawasaki/lorry interface, massive internal damage, not spotted in the ambulance, died on the way to the hospital...

jonzi
13-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Same could be said for rucksacks

I agree with you. but i don't put stuff that is going to mess me up in there.

Lock is under the seat. Mostly phone, wallet and sandwiches that goes in the waist bag.

slob
13-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I've pondered that myself whilst doing the same with a chain, I also try to avoid throwing a disc lock in my jacket pockets, close to my ribs.
Kriega bags have a huge amount of padding on the inside which is quite reassuring.
I've puched a bunch of holes in my leg in an off, just having my house keys in my jeans pocket, I'd much rather have them in a padded bag

jonzi
13-05-2014, 05:54 PM
My first crash on track I had, I ended up with a huge bruise around my kidney and couldnt work out how it got there.

Then realised it was because I had a little tub, the size of a 50p, for my ear plugs in my pocket.

I must have slammed down on that which pushed it in to my body.

Besides breaking my leg, that bruise really hurt.

No more hard stuff in pockets.

hhmunro
13-05-2014, 06:14 PM
I did not mean to be critical, sorry if that it how it came across, my point was more this, we never considered the consequences...
I used to wear a chain and padlock around my waist too, or across my shoulder until that happened, it was just something we did back then, lots of squashy bits at the back, with no protection...
(would not wear a ruck-sack either...)

jonzi
13-05-2014, 06:42 PM
No offence taken old chap. Valid points raised.

I see these silly hipsters riding around London with a D lock tucked in to their belts and think how much that's going on to hurt when they fall off.

Dirty
13-05-2014, 07:00 PM
No offence taken old chap. Valid points raised.

I see these silly hipsters riding around London with a D lock tucked in to their belts and think how much that's going on to hurt when they fall off.

Don't worry, I usually spin round and go over them again to make sure. A D lock is the last of their worries :Furious: