PDA

View Full Version : **M1000 possible imobiliser problem**

markwade
26-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Can anyone help??. Went to my M1000 the other day to warm it up (off the road for the winter). The rev counter/speedo didn't self check and the engine wouldn't crank although the fuel system primed itself ok, also the indicators didn't work, all the other electrics were fine as was the battery's state of charge, suspected the prob lay with the imobiliser so discon/recon the battery and all came good, ie clocks self checked and engine cranked and started ok. Warmed the engine through and switched off, imobiliser light flashed as normal. checked bike about 1hr later, imobiliser light wasn't flashing!!!, again no clocks self check and no engine crank. Had to go to work at this point but checked 8hrs later to find imobiliser light flashing away and all ok again. I'm pretty sure the prob lies with the imobiliser electronics which I think lies within the clocks assy does anyone agree?, also has anyone had any similar problems???
p.s. once the prob dissappeared the indicators worked ok which would tie in with the clocks assy as no flasher unit is fitted, the indicators flash timing being performed electronically.

gary tompkins
26-01-2004, 09:48 PM
If the bike's still under factory warrentee, I think the best thing would be to get it in for some diagnostics ASAP.

I'm sure a few problems relating to ECU/immobilisers have been posted on the forum in the past, but think it was mainly on 900ie's or S4's?

markwade
27-01-2004, 10:11 PM
An update,

It seems that the problems with my bike imobiliser only occurs when I have warmed the bike up then imediately refitted the dust sheets that cover it whilst off the road, I warmed it up today then left the dust sheets off, all has been ok today. Its early days and my local dealer is going to check the imobiliser out at the bikes first service but I suspect that heat is getting trapped under the dust sheets and overheating the imobiliser electronics.
I will update further following more checks but in my mind its the hot favourite so far. :burnout: