PDA

View Full Version : Got Me Leathers ; )

jonno_c
08-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Which is great, and got a good deal on it all, so looking forward to taking the bike out very soon for a ride.

I now need to try and connect the trousers and jacket together (Alpinestars trousers and Spidi jacket). It seems the zips don't connect at all, although people have said you can buy connectors. Anyone know where you can get these from? He mentioned J&S but I phoned the Maidstone one and they said they don't sell them and recommended me a bike leather seamstress and he mentioned something along the lines of £60-80!!!!

The trousers were only £60!

Any recommendations guys? Will probably ask a local seamstress and see what they charge, but I thought £60 was ridiculous for a small bit of stitching and a zip!

jonzi
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
http://www.ryman.co.uk/Catalogue/Ryman/large/global/images/main/07/0701114003.jpg

jonzi
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I have no idea why all my images come out so large.

jonno_c
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Hahaha!! I wasn't thinking of turning it into a semi permanent one piece Jonzi ; )

Nickj
08-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Seems perfectly to scale for the task in hand, you'd want big staples.

Personally I go for a roll of duck tape, it could then not only stick the two halves together but also provide a nice colour contrast

AmoK
08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I've seen some brands making kind of adapter you can fit under belt to get their kind of zipper to any trousers...
Just like these:
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/103770
http://www.motolegends.com/brands/halvarssons/Halvarssons-waist-zip-Black.html

Don't know which one fits Spidi's Jackets...

jonno_c
09-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Not sure if either will, but thanks for letting me know Amok. I hadn't found any online to be honest!

I am going to talk to a local seamstress and see what they can do. I have the additional zip piece for the trousers so just need to find one that fits for the jacket and then get them stitched together. I'm not paying someone £60 for it, thats for sure!

uksurfer
09-05-2014, 12:51 PM
i paid £30 locally for the zip to be put in both halves, the bloke who did it said he would charge more next time as it took him a while and he bust loads of needles hth

utopia
09-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I bought a zip off ebay which fitted the jacket and hand stitched it myself to the spare half of the zip which came with the trousers.
But I'm an economical type, and I like a bit of diy.
Ironically, both jacket and trousers were Hein Gericke, but they changed their zip styles at some point.

cactus
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Get down to your local tailor, it shouldn't cost too much to get the zips changed. Go on, don't be a bloody skinflint, after all you got a good deal on the gear.

Dirty
09-05-2014, 04:00 PM
i paid £30 locally for the zip to be put in both halves, the bloke who did it said he would charge more next time as it took him a while and he bust loads of needles hth

Agree. I repaired a pair of leather gloves once and it was a complete b***** to sew leather. Took ages!