PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Next the Sea

Mr Gazza
05-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Thought you might like to know about this little show if anyone still rides thier Monster in Norfolk?:rolleyes:

http://www.wheelsnextthesea.com/

They do say that over 500 bikes went last year, but I heard it was a washout. It fell on an awful weekend for weather.

I thought i would make a better effort to go this year...Maybe we could meet up in Holt or sumfink, for a ride into Wells.?

Mohawk
06-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes I have gone to this before. Shout nearer the time and I'll see if I'm about.

StevieL
06-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Sounds good to me, even abandoned it with 4WD last year the weather was atrocious, you going to resurrect the Radar Run Gazza?

Mr Gazza
06-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Great...Will flag it up again in a few weeks.

Radar Run...Mmm, Funnily enough I rode past there last weekend.

My Calendar is filling up rapidly, but I could give it a go. September is usually quiet, unless you would like to do it sooner?

Mr Gazza
02-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Time to put this one in your diary.

Let's meet at 9.30am. At the Memorial on Obelisk Plain, at the far West end of the High Street,in Holt.

If we get a good uptake I will enquire about borrowing a UKMOC banner.

Mr Gazza
15-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Re last post..

Anyone up for a little run into Wells from Holt?

Think I may have left it a bit late to find a banner, but no matter.

Watch this space I think Stued may have plans for a trip to Muckleborough...and for polishing his bike...:chuckle::chuckle:

Edit... Sorry should have mentioned the date; Sunday 22nd of June.

Stued
15-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes wheel be there! I've been told!

LouSCannon
16-06-2014, 08:32 AM
I'd be willing to pop over again, but I've not got a free weekend now till around August time!

Mr Gazza
16-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Nice one Stued...Don't forget to bring a pad or something for your side stand...It's all on grass, so I understand.

LouSCannon it will always be a pleasure to see you whenever you can make it..I will be looking out for events in the Rutland area from now on too...:mand:

Mr Gazza
18-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Assuming you guys will meet me as in post #5

Third time lucky, I hope they have Cream Horns in Wells or I will have to organise a special Cream Horn run......:mand:

Stued
19-06-2014, 06:06 AM
Yes will try and find it

utopia
19-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I was hoping to make this.
The plan was to bring a pillion and a tent and spend a couple of days camping in the area.
But this was all dependant on getting my bike set up in proper pillion/luggage carrying trim, and I'm running out of time to get it done properly, so will probably have to give it a miss now.
Sorry.

Mr Gazza
19-06-2014, 04:53 PM
I was hoping to make this.
The plan was to bring a pillion and a tent and spend a couple of days camping in the area.
But this was all dependant on getting my bike set up in proper pillion/luggage carrying trim, and I'm running out of time to get it done properly, so will probably have to give it a miss now.
Sorry.

You'ld best pull your finger out then matey...:chuckle:

Hope you can make it. There are plenty of nice camp sites in the area, as you can imagine, including one just one mile from the show site. At the end of Beach Road.

PM me if you need any local info. Wells is my home town..:D

Stued
21-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Still meeting up?

Polished, and the motor seems a lot happier

Mr Gazza
21-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Yep.! I just had to check my own post to see what time I said..:rolleyes:

I wiil be at the end of Holt High Street for 9.30am. (Where it meets the Fakenham Rd)

Looks like it might just be me and thee Stu? Hoping to see StevieL and Mr & Mrs Mohawk too?

Really looking forward to my cream horn, so bring some protective clothing....:chuckle:

StevieL
21-06-2014, 09:11 PM
See you in Holt Sunday morning, got a trapped nerve in my neck at the moment so turning to the left is quite interesting. Should be sorted by the weekend hopefully ahh the joys of getting older........ atb Steve

Mr Gazza
22-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Great to see the gang again.:biggrin:

We managed a five bike convoy at a gentle pace from Holt to Wells in very clemant weather.

Stevie, Stu, Mohawk and Myself on Monsters and Dan on a Triumph.

The show had an amazing turnout of an incredably diverse selection of bikes, with a nice relaxed atmosphere and setting, making it a very pleasant day out.

I think just about every discipline of bike was represented, and country of origin too.
The standard of the specials was excellent throughout.
Still didn't get the chance to salivate over a bevel Duke, but did you spot the Jota 1000 Stevie?

My camera batteries ran out before I could get a good overview shot of the show (and the Laverda), But here is a quick one of the three Monsterteers getting ready to leave.
http://i57.tinypic.com/28aq3ur.jpg

...And my favorite bike of the show....Wow. Just Wow.! Is it a coincedence that I own a bike with a big red tank and Gold engine cases.?..I think not..:biggrin:

http://i59.tinypic.com/28unxwk.jpg

Dirty
22-06-2014, 08:52 PM
That's all fine and dandy but we are all desperate to hear news of your cream horn! :)

Stued
22-06-2014, 09:43 PM
No cream horn was mistreated or harmed in the creation of this gathering of Monsterati.

However after many months of consternation, trial and error, dark thoughts of sledgehammers, fuel, rags and matches I was able to ride mildred without fear of her cutting out, or partaking of vickers machine gun impressions. There was a moment of worry just prior to leaving when her mealevolent side showed itself for a moment, not wanting to start, I put down to her seeing the Jota.......

A really good day, great to meet Mohawk and Dan, great that Gaza noticed i'd polished the bike, great that
Stevie heard me arrive at the wrong end of Holt high street and rang me to tell me I was at the wrong end.

I mentioned my need to stop during the ride to Wells to my better half...... the hedge, the gap in the hedge, the manor house farm, the lady excercising her horse the other side of the road. My better halfs response was, you shoulda took a tenner, my by now lobster coloured brow furrowed, and she continued, and I'm not talking about money........

StevieL
23-06-2014, 01:52 AM
No need to get too excited the Lav was a 120 degree in red, no sign of an orange 180 or an SF twin. Really relaxed day which as Gazza pointed out was probably helped by the fact that the average age was the wrong side of 40. Nice to meet Mohawk and Dan and Gazza's mate with the NSU Quickly. Stu and I took the direct route back via the old bomber base at Langham, had a quick peek at the training dome and pleased to report that nothing fell off the bikes and no bibs were required during cream horn manouvers.
All in all a good day out in pleasant company, looking forward to the next one. atb Steve

Mr Gazza
23-06-2014, 06:02 PM
That's all fine and dandy but we are all desperate to hear news of your cream horn! :)

Thanks for your interest Dirty.

I went in search of a cream horn but sadly I was distracted by the smell of Fish and Chips, and so idulged in more than my carb and cholestrol limit for the day.!
I decided to give the cream horn a miss on this occasion, thinking that maybe the gentle public of Wells-Next-The-Sea was not quite ready for the spectacle.

I had gone to the trouble of running up a special outfit on the old Singer for the event too.

It is a minimilist item designed to incur the least cream contact, and to be easily washed (it will accomodate manpons too Stu..).

Should any cream escape and, for instance, become entangled in any body hair, the Sisters are always happy to lick it off.

I find this to be a very practical arrangement, as when the horn has been consumed and any untidyness lapped away, the garment can be removed and rolls up easily into a small bag for later laundering, and can be easily carried on a motorcycle.
I always carry it in case of stumbling upon any cream confections whilst out and about.

Let's hope for some better luck on the next run...:mand:

http://i60.tinypic.com/i1gmqx.jpg

Mohawk
24-06-2014, 07:17 PM
yes enjoyed the ride to Wells with you all. Hopefully catch up again soon :-)