PDA

View Full Version : new to bristol... are you nearby?

JamMad
23-04-2014, 04:37 PM
hey all,

i moved to bristol from NZ a couple of years ago... and just picked up a low-milage 696.

i'm dialling into the DOCGB meetings too, and am keen to hear from you if you're in bristol or nearby.

i'm very keen to be heading out on the odd ride here and there and happy to share notes on the little upgrades i'll be doing.

cheers, james

Rally
23-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Hi James,
It's a shame that those of us that were at the Italian day last week didn't get to meet you, maybe some did? I was there again today as well, mooching around the city. Are you coming to the Weekender?

Nickj
23-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Forest of Dean, just over the severn from you.

JamMad
23-04-2014, 06:40 PM
cool! can you recommend a good ride or area near bristol please?

i'm taking a day off tomorrow.

JR
23-04-2014, 08:46 PM
A ride up the Wye valley to the edge of Monmouth is fun.
Come out of Bristol, head onto the M4 for Wales and take the M48 Signposted Chepstow. Take the Chepstow exit off the motorway, and then follow the signs for the A466 Monmouth which runs along the Wyre Valley. Take care as you go over the River Wye on the A466 a few miles out of Chepstow - the road bends sharp left at the end of the bridge and you might find gravel on the corner. When you get to Monmouth the A466 does a sharp left at Lidl or Aldi, you can make a right turn there and head over to the Forest of Dean, or turn round and retrace your ride back to Chepstow/Bristol. I would join you, but my bike is out of MOT.