PDA

View Full Version : S4 Challenge rear brake!!!!

Matt001
25-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Can any one supply me with photos of where the rear brake light switch goes on an S4 challenge bikes billet rear set?????

Matt:confused:

kriss
25-01-2004, 05:01 PM
yes mat i can but you dont use your old brakelight switch you buy a banjo blot breaklight switch which fits from the top of your brake servo, can send you pics of mine if you like but you will have to send me your email address. banjo bolts are available from most good outlets but i got mine from demon tweeks and it was here the next and before the rush of you can get one or you should try you could always ring spareshack and no folks i havnt forgot the bit which go,s you will also get a discount as a club member from him but their not expensive anyway mat. let me know, good luck , kriss.

superlight3
25-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi Matt.

We've got one in stock here.

You know how to get in touch. :D

Cheers.

Lee.

fatbloke
25-01-2004, 10:08 PM
pic of rear brake light switch
http://fatbloke.xt500.org.uk/rearswitch.jpg

Matt001
28-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Will wait to see how much Lee wants to take off me for one then!
Have you had any problems with the change of angle with your rearsets? Comfort wise?

Matt

kriss
29-01-2004, 08:19 AM
also thanks to superlight and kriss for your help, makes you wonder sometimes why we bother.

fatbloke
29-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Matt001
Will wait to see how much Lee wants to take off me for one then!
Have you had any problems with the change of angle with your rearsets? Comfort wise?

Matt

Hi Matt
The switch is not that expensive and a doddle to fit just bolt it
on and remember to bleed the rear brake.
I find the rear-sets much better as I had a problem with banging
my feet into the ground when cornering, (not skill just to much
weight) They also have the advantage of getting rid of the rear
foot rest hangers which i find really ugly.

superlight3
29-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Or there's this alternative....

A set-up I've recently finished for a UKMOC member.

Cheers.

Lee.

Matt001
29-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks ever so much Kriss. Your a wonderful person!!!

Thanks all for your prompt aid with my rearset problem.

I'll be intouch soon Lee.

Matt

claicerrig
04-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Matt

Just picked up this thread and it looks like you have been given the advice i would. The switch works a treat on my s4 challange
The position of the rear sets is just right for my size 12s no more dragging and after a 300 mile blast hardly any aches and pains

I am now thinking of clip ons/ or do i go for a risers and straight bars any one advice about them plz

Clai