PDA

View Full Version : cold weather!

kevin5952
25-01-2004, 03:53 PM
my bike is under a good waterproof cover and wrapped in a heavy blanket but is outside.Is there any advice anyone can give me to protect it more during the cold weather we are meant to be getting.I tried to sneak it into the dining room under cover of darkness but was caught.thanks in anticipation.:confused:

CK & AK
25-01-2004, 04:24 PM
:confused: - Kevin - just tell her it is essential:D - thats wot I tell Alan:D :D :D

C

spacemonkey
25-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Don't worry, the cold won't harm it-it's made of metal, rubber and plastic. Mine is an outdoor bike and it's ok....

pooh
26-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Mine is living outside at the moment with no cover cos my workshop has been taken over by my son and his piece of british biking history. He found out the joys of having a british bike today when he had to push it a mile + home when it broke down. The best bet for the monster is to ride it cos thats what its for.

Ian

Melnie Mouse
26-01-2004, 08:59 AM
a blanket not quite a good idea it traps moisture, therefore prone to decay various parts, you're better off with a 'breathable' bike cover best one is the motrax breathable cover 'Tyvek' 49.99 They're excellent, dries bike when wet doesn't trap moisture and protects from rain, frost and even bright sunshine with it's reflective material, you even get a carry pouch with it to store when not in use!

JMo
27-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Melnie Mouse
best one is the motrax breathable cover 'Tyvek' 49.99 They're excellent, dries bike when wet doesn't trap moisture and protects from rain, frost and even bright sunshine with it's reflective material, you even get a carry pouch with it to store when not in use!

And let me guess, you've got them in stock, right?!

xxx