PDA

View Full Version : silkolene pro fst.

Boppin Bobby
25-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Has anyone tried this over & above pro boost as i found using just normal octane improver ( in my case putoline Or stp) has minimal effect even with optimax fuel.
Ride mag recommend it along with Halfords "dry fuel" which I've never found & a Yamaha fuel additive. :cool:

Dave in USA
25-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Bobby.....

Try THIS (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4542&highlight=Silkolene+FST+Pro) thread...should answer all your questions :D

And its the onlt thing you need to use :D

:burnout: :bunny: :burnout:

Geewizbatman
02-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Has anyone tried this over & above pro boost as i found using just normal octane improver ( in my case putoline Or stp) has minimal effect even with optimax fuel.
Ride mag recommend it along with Halfords "dry fuel" which I've never found & a Yamaha fuel additive. :cool:
I use this all the time in winter used to have a lot of freezing in carbs cutting down to one cylinder poor tick over etc but since using this on the recomendation of my bike repair shop who is a expert on duke monsters it runs like a dream in all temperatures it took me a long time and money to cure this problem but pro-fst does the biz Regards Graham M600 owner

Zimbo
02-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro boost will have no effect on carb icing at all. It will also have minimal impact on performance, the monsters as standard do not have the engine in a high enough state of tune to make use of the higher octane rated fuel.

Pro FST does solve carb icing, and is a very worthwhile additive to a carbed monster over winter. It can be tricky to get hold of though.
Wynns Dry Fuel is available in Halfords, and has a similar effect to Pro FST - it does help with carb icing.

Rockhopper
05-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I'll try and find the full info later on but in general you get best performance using the lowest octane petrol possible while still avoiding detonation. Higher octane ratings than specified by the vehicle maker will only be beneficial if you have increased the compression ratio.

spacemonkey
06-03-2006, 09:05 AM
or someone could experiment with isopropyl alcohol as the consensus is that it is all Pro FST is, except with a little searching it is 1/10th of the price...

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/CFS_Catalogue__Isopropyl_Alcohol_104.html

nik_the_brief
06-03-2006, 09:26 AM
As Space says it works at a pinch. Both my local stockists ran out last week so mine is currently running on a tankful of Tesco's cheapest with a good dollop of surgical spirits (which as Spacemonkey will attest is isopropyl alcohol) that I wangled from my next door neighbour (who's a tattooist so has gallons of the stuff).

So far not a cough or a splutter at the wrong time although I will revert to Pro FST once my local shop has a new batch in.

Lady-Bob
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I have a number of FST stockists my neck of the woods.... if you want me to get some for you I can... works out about £11 a bottle but it goes a long way. :flag:

nik_the_brief
08-03-2006, 12:12 PM
£9.08 per bottle from my local bike shops in Dover and Folkestone but at a 1 to 2% mix as recommended that's only an average of 5 tank fulls per bottle.

nick40
14-03-2006, 09:18 AM
just a quick word of warning with this stuff, if you over do it it will create "Sludge" in your tank and you will end up having to clean out your jets etc, dont just splash it in make sure you stick to makers instructions.

apart from that it is **** hot, I did put some in my 916 and it didnt make any differance but it is great in my 900 monster, which is carbed

Chaos Inc.
15-03-2006, 10:16 AM
I retail 1litre of Pro FST for £10.00 and can happily do it for £8.50 for UKMOC members. Based central London.