PDA

View Full Version : Front brake Master Cylinder & Oil Cooler

Dark-Jon
24-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi all

Does anyone know if a front brake master cylinder, lever and reservoir from a 748/9*6 will fit on a '02 620ie which has the later type callipers with 65mm bolt holes as fitted to the 748/9*6's? I assume they will if they're the same parts as fitted to the S4's (looks the same).

Also, would an oil cooler from the same type of bike fit on a 620ie. I know I would have to get the specific bits to attach it to my bike, but is the cooler itself the same?

I know, always with the questions....

Dark-Jon :)

grunter
24-01-2004, 12:57 PM
calipers? or cylinder?

grunter
24-01-2004, 01:00 PM
i cannot read?
both should fit , standard bars and 65mm hole centres, 320mm rotors.

Dark-Jon
24-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Thats cool, I've got a pair of discs and callipers from an Aprilia RSV Mille already, so just need the hoses and new master cylinder as mines only suitable for a single disc :/

Any ideas on the oil cooler? Would like to get one fitted before summer roles round again, bike got very hot at times last summer and may be able to get one cheepish off of a 748. Only need to know if the cooler itself is the same, obviously the fittings will be

Cheers

Dark-Jon

superlight3
24-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi there.

Unfortunately the 916 series oil cooler won't be a direct fit for your bike. :(

Whilst you could get it to fit, you might be better off to go for the Ducati approved oil cooler kit for your bike which comes in at a little over £300. ot bad value as otherwise you'd have to buy some specific parts just to attach the oil hoses to the crankcase, oil lines, brackets etc etc..

Cheers.

Lee.