PDA

View Full Version : Low mileage on Monster 900- Potential Issues?

jonno_c
31-03-2014, 06:14 PM
So I picked up the paperwork for the new bike today, and have noticed that the thing has done about 600 miles since 2005!! (Criminal to be honest)

It was serviced last year by the previous owners friend (who is very clued up on bikes). Is it worth getting it taken to a proper dealer for a once over??

It is going to need an MOT soon, so I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Just wanted to see what people thought, as I know bikes that have been laid up for long periods can sometimes cause more harm than good.

Cheers

JC

Rally
31-03-2014, 07:11 PM
The belts are crucial after that time, make sure he did them or do them anyway for peace of mind. All fluids want changing as well. I'd then ride it steady for a couple of hundred miles close to home and check for leaks etc. the tyres may be okay, but will be hardened off a bit.

Albie
31-03-2014, 07:17 PM
If you don't want to pay Ducati Ashfords service costs who are decent guys btw you could come to Medway Towns and use Ducati Proteam ( alec ) who is a very respected independent in Strood. He is on here as Unit18 if you need to message him and he also picks up and delivers.

Oh and welcome and I am in Rochester. Check out the Kent section meets every month second sunday @ mickeys diner Bluebell Hill Chatham/Maidstone.

jonno_c
31-03-2014, 07:33 PM
I know that all the fluids were done last Summer, so will they still need replacing?

Will ask about the belts - he did mention the service cost him £6-800 so I guess thats a full overhaul (which hopefully covered belts).

My sister is in Rochester, so Ducati Proteam could be a good choice ; )

Will ask tomorrow and see. Cheers guys.

scrapps
31-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Dito on Alec at Proteam top mechanic and top guy to deal with. Laguna's very good but loads More money.