PDA

View Full Version : M600

LeMarsu
24-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Collie_dog on 30-07-2003

After a few tweeks and an argument with my sidestand, i can happily say that my monnie (Pootle) is a great bike!

She sits happily at 80mph, and when needs must i can get her up to 100mph (on a private road officer!!) and my friend (ex-racers) has had her up to the heady heights of 120mph!!

The only mechanical problems i have had with her is a crappy battery due to a DATATOOL alarm, coked up sparkplugs due to over running on choke, and a lack of being able to change gear (the gear leaver was fowling on the sidestand...due to and argument with a car park!!!) But everything else runs like silk!

I have recently changed her exhaust pipes, and i'm going to change mirrors and remove some quite nasty purple grips that the last owner fitted.....some people!

Some people might say that the 600 isn't a big/fast enough bike, but i think she is wonderful. If you want a really fast bike get a GSK-1000R, if you wanna have fun get a monster!

Go to http://community.webshots.com/user/collie_dog
to see my bike!

Collie_dog
:bunny: :D :bunny:

LeMarsu
24-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NattyBoy on 28-05-2003

My M600 Bargain!
paid £950 for her ('97 p plate)- bargainsville!!!!! (left outside for 2 yars uncovered and in need of a bit of TLC !!) but 3k on the clock with MOTs to prove..no service history...AND I STILL BOUGHT IT !!!!

After mucho cleaning/respraying engine/footrest hanger parts/new fork seals/replacing corroded fasteners/new end cans/belly pan and a damned good service (easy to work on with a bit of help from the old man!!) it looks the biz!!! Total spent (excluding cans/belly pan) = £200.

Even had people commenting on what good nick it was for a '97 bike at the UKMOC national rally last weekend !!!!

Anyway, the bikes great fun, hasnt missed a beat, and you just cant beat a ducati for that feel good factor (ive owned a few incidentally including 916, 888 etc, and none of them have gone wrong). " yeah but ducatis are unreliable" - cobblers I say as long as you look after them.

If your reading this thinking shall I get one?? Then do it. You wont regret it, trust me !!!

Plus this owners club is the dogs as everyones really helpful & friendly, and even if you do get a problem, then theres always someone willing to help/dispense advice !!!

Hope that helps!!!

Cheers
Nat

LeMarsu
24-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix on 16-06-2003

Originally posted by NattyBoy

If your reading this thinking shall I get one?? Then do it. You wont regret it, trust me !!!

Nat

Seconded.

Bought my 99 M600 for £2100..one owner..fdsh..5k miles..in red:p and have never looked back.
Talk about grin factor !!! You haven't experienced grin factor till you buy a monster :D

LeMarsu
24-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by miked on 28-05-2003

A little tempermental at tickover, and not the best starter in the cold weather. Easy to work on. However once the mandatory aftermarket cans are on there's nothing to beat the sound!!!How many other 8 year old 600cc bikes get the looks mine get..

grunter
22-02-2004, 07:40 PM
UBG ISSUE NUMBER 182 MARKY DIXONS