PDA

View Full Version : S4r for sale

monstrosix
29-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Chasing a more sedate form of transport I`ve reluctantly decided to let someone else sample the pleasures of my 04 S4R Monster. Bought from this site a few years back and previously owned by at least two members, this blue and white Monster has a full Arrow titanium system, Rizoma rear-sets and a tasteful smattering of carbon. This is a well cared for bike, tyres are good, fluids changed but it is due for a new set of belts. I honestly think you`d struggle to find a better one. All standard bits included.
You can pm me via this wonderful site of drop me a text/call on 07580 747154
Looking for £3850

boris
29-03-2014, 09:43 AM
That's a steal, wish I had space in the garage for another. Good luck with the sale, don't suppose you'll be waiting long.....

Rally
29-03-2014, 10:56 AM
It's a lovely bike and has been well looked after by its last few owners for sure! Still one of the best colour schemes out there. Good luck with the sale.

Dirty
29-03-2014, 12:16 PM
I've got the space, wish I had the cash!

Capo
29-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I've got the space, wish I had the cash!

And after 33hp, a clean pair of underpants

bluestoesonnose
29-03-2014, 03:29 PM
If it was the inverse of mine I'd have had it in a heart beat

Darren69
29-03-2014, 05:16 PM

I've got the cash just not the space and S4's are certainly capable of leaving a few skid marks! :chuckle: I'd have one with the single sider to go with mine if I could

bluestoesonnose
29-03-2014, 05:45 PM
As an S4R owner, ok they're quick, but they're not scary. I've owned and ridden quicker. Only the steering could be described as interesting, but you learn to forget that after a while.

Dirty
29-03-2014, 06:10 PM

I've no doubt you'd find it a bit 'laundry challenging' but I believe the S4R has about 40hp less than my R1 had. Different power delivery of course, R1 was rapid but very linear and virtually devoid of character. I'd probably find the S4R a bit slow in comparison but let me know if you buy it and I'll get some shares in Persil :)

Oh and my current ride doesn't have 33bhp, ask JHP if you want an accurate figure for next time :mand:

Capo
29-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Why would I buy it, I have owned one for the last 10 years.

One week ago you posted that your bike was restricted, my comment was based on this.
Have you had the restrictor removed and dynoed by JHP since then?

I will be at JHP next week.

Albie
29-03-2014, 08:38 PM
It's a lovely bike and has been well looked after by its last few owners for sure! Still one of the best colour schemes out there. Good luck with the sale.

Is that your old one Alun

Rally
30-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Is that your old one Alun

Yes it is mate. It's a corker of a bike!

Dirty
30-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Why would I buy it, I have owned one for the last 10 years.

One week ago you posted that your bike was restricted, my comment was based on this.
Have you had the restrictor removed and dynoed by JHP since then?

I will be at JHP next week.

10 years! Well that would explain the price of Persil shares :) Let me know if you ever decide to get an R1 and I'll buy some more!

I'm glad you are following my posts so closely and hope you are finding them useful and informative. If you have any questions don't hesitate, I'm always happy to help a fellow Ducati owner, regardless of how many horses they have under them.

My bike was restricted by JHP, but not to 33bhp. Assumption is a dangerous tool sometimes, as is failure to keep up with current legislation (although in this case that doesn't apply either).

Have fun at JHP, they are a great bunch of guys and I'm sure they all look forward to having you pop round, I know I would :mand: