PDA

View Full Version : S4

LeMarsu
24-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by berto on 03-06-2003

Very happy with my choice of an S4,having had jap stuff since I was 13(£50 fs1-e)I always thought people were blethering when they talked about character but now know what they mean.
I think Ducati have pulled a masterstroke with the D.P catalogue as i have never spent money so easily(although the reason for some poorly finished carbon being"hand made so production values change"made me laugh!!
So in summary I love the bike and don't see anything to make me want to change..

LeMarsu
24-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AJR on 30-06-2003

I'm nearly at the end of my tether with the (un)reliability of my S4. I won't bore everybody with the list of things that have failed / broken / leaked it would take too long to type. I made my mind up to change a couple of weeks ago and looked into the S4R, Multistrada and Tuono (I wouldn't consider another Jap bike) ........BUT........ I can't see anything I'd rather ride! When it goes its everything I want from a bike, the sound, looks, handling and performance are perfect.
Maybe it will improve with age, think I'll hang onto it for a bit longer!

HUNTER
30-04-2004, 12:47 PM
I ride my bike almost every day ! 18,500 miles without any real problems. Like an idiot I was using a high power water jet to clean the bike (a little anal I know, but now cured). Don't do it ... bu**ers up the front stick coil. So morale of the story = do not wash your monster.
Commuting in London ? Uprate your cans and let the engine breath, its better than changing the front sprocket for low down power an manouvrability. Added bonus is that Mr White Van Driver and others hear you when they don't look. Its great seeing the cars part like the Reed Sea ( Moses did not part the Red Sea, this was a mistranslation).
What else is good about the S4 ? The engine is smooth, having ridden the new DS motor and it was impressive, I still prefer the 916 water cooled antique.
I guess that these motors are built to be used and have fun with.
TIP - use Mer to clean oil from the rear wheel !

claicerrig
08-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Have to agree with the above post
have just come back from a ride out on my bro`s multistrada and i loved it. But and its a big One

I LOVE MY S4 MORE!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Never more will i lust after another (maybe an LC)

Melnie Mouse
08-05-2004, 02:54 PM
I love the S4 and S4R too, and I even love the multistrada, excellent fun to ride... Ducati rules O.K! :) :) :)