PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Sussex meets

maxxjod
17-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Hello,

After all with such a damp start to the year we must be due to get some lovely weather for 2014.

The Sussex area meets will be on the 4th Sunday of the month as that way we will have the chance to catch up with the Kent or Hampshire guys on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of each month.

The best place for meets will be -

Whiteways Cafe - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Whiteways+Cafe/@50.8820819,-0.5977128,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6af237dd9a4425f2

Once we have had a few meets we can start to work on other meeting places.

I look forward to catching up with some new faces this year.

Best regards

Jody

studley
03-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi Jody,
I am new to the forum.
I have a M900 1999 but it is not working currently.
I do also have a 748.
I live in East Sussex (Hastings ish)
Hopefully I can pop along and meet you all.

Torquepen
30-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Here's a suggestion: Some of the Ducati mob from Rykas, Box Hill attend this little event each month.

Classic Car & Motorcycle drive in show every 2nd Sunday of the month.

Riverview Café, Station Rd, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5DW.

Subscribe to coming events on FB:https://www.facebook.com/groups/riverviewcafe/

Flip
31-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Maybe we need to get Slob to start a new Sticky for Sussex if there is a chance of regular get togethers?

As we don't have an area rep perhaps we could all put down when and where we would be interested in meeting up and go from there?

Plus obviously we could gate-crash the neighbouring counties meets as and when.

Mr Gazza
31-01-2016, 10:57 AM
'scuse me while I just flick some petrol on these sparks..

It would have been maxxjod who made this sticky, as she(?) is a moderator for the Sussex forum.

I am sure that Slob would be happy to put another moderator on the forum if they stepped forward as a rep, if indeed there is no current un-retired one?

There's nothing to it really. It can be very rewarding, and you meet the nicest people being an area rep.
Just keep shouting the dates up and they will come.

:ukm:

Flip
31-01-2016, 12:00 PM
'scuse me while I just flick some petrol on these sparks..

It would have been maxxjod who made this sticky, as she(?) is a moderator for the Sussex forum.

I am sure that Slob would be happy to put another moderator on the forum if they stepped forward as a rep, if indeed there is no current un-retired one?

There's nothing to it really. It can be very rewarding, and you meet the nicest people being an area rep.
Just keep shouting the dates up and they will come.

:ukm:

Hi Mr G,

Thanks I didn't realise that it would have been Jody that started it- but going on from that I thought he had sold his Monster (have you Jody?) and was blatting about on an Aprillia due to a bad back.

As for becoming Area Rep (if one was needed), I remember the effort JMo (and after her, Sazza) used to put in when the Sussex area had loads of Monsterers but as I have a young daughter and a wife that works shifts meaning most Sundays are out for me I don't really feel I could commit the time it needs to do it justice.

However, in saying that I am free Tuesday evenings, Friday afternoons and Saturdays so would be keen to get some kind of meets together when the weather is better.

Darren69
31-01-2016, 12:21 PM
I guess if you were thinking of being an area rep you could just take a poll on here and see if the proposed meet day would work for you and the majority of others?

Mr Gazza
31-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Apologies to Maxxjod...I didn't know if you wuz a chap or a lady..:dunce:...I'm working for a lady called Charlie at the moment, so it's easy for me to be confused..:rolleyes:

Flip, there's no particular need to rush into the rep thing.
Torquepen has made a good call with the Riverveiw café meets...Just flick a little more petrol on ideas like that and see what happens.

I have two lovely daughters and a wife who seems to work 24/7..The club fits in round them.
It's hard to pick dates that suit everyone, but every now and then, you strike Gold and get a good turn out.

I'm happy to share what I have learned along the way, getting Norfolk rolling. Every day is still a school day though, as they say.

maxxjod
31-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Hi all,

When took on the roll as Sussex rep I had all the right intentions but then somehow life got in the way. Due to various reasons things changed, for the better, in my life and being the Sussex area rep kind of took a back seat.
Yes I did sell my M750 with the intention of buying a freinds S4 but at the last moment he decided not to sell, so with my love of Italian twins I've ended up on a 750 dorsoduro which I fully understand puts me in the naughty corner, but does allow me to walk the day after a long ride! Various bits of disc and spine missing!!
I am happy to carry on being the Sussex rep and working with other members to arrange meets or if someone would like to take on the role I would be happy to stand aside.
I would love to see the Sussex area meets grow and as a result I would love to meet other like minded people.
I have had some great times on the tunnel runs and look forward to more great times.

I don't take offence to people getting things wrong about me from my name, indeed I find it quite funny when someone is expecting a female to arrive and a 6ft4 16 stone male arrives.

Looking forward to meeting new faces this year, jody

slob
03-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Okay, so it's the wrong side of Surrey but does this help at all?
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=53311
it's a half hour from Ryka's.

maxxjod
03-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up Slob, will have to see if i can get out for a few hours in between decorating.

jerry
03-02-2016, 01:36 PM
nowt wrong with dosodoro it lubbly bike

maxxjod
03-02-2016, 08:07 PM
No good for you Jerry the seats to high :)