PDA

View Full Version : Old monster Handlebars Wanted and in no hurry

Albie
11-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Just thought I would ask if anyone has any old monster Handlebars kicking about for a project that will happen later. I don't want beauty and don't wish to pay if I can get away with it as not going on a bike as such. It wont be ridden and they can be rusty or bent. Really I want 4 pairs and in pairs of matching type. Ie chrome x 2 or painted x 2 or even just 2 pairs.

Thanks if you can assist.

Oh ideally they would be Genuine Monster but as long as they look like monster ones that's ok too.

Saint aka ML
11-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Albie I have original Monster one's from my 93 if you want.

Albie
11-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Albie I have original Monster one's from my 93 if you want.

Great that's one pair. I guess I should explain what I am doing.

I got a frame about 8 years from a now sadly deceased UKMOC club member Bumble. My intention was and still is a coffee table but only using Monster parts. These Bars will be used either down for the feet with rubber grips on or upwards for the glass top. The frame will be powdercoated and maybe the bars but it really depends on how I can fix them to the frame. Originally I was just going to use out riggers welded on but now if I can I want to simplify it.

utopia
11-03-2014, 04:23 PM
You're welcome to my original pair (chrome) Albie.
They're not too bad at all actually, but just a tiny bit of peeling chrome underneath/inside one of the bends.
I could bring them along to the weekender or something....?

Albie
11-03-2014, 04:26 PM
You're welcome to my original pair (chrome) Albie.
They're not too bad at all actually, but just a tiny bit of peeling chrome underneath/inside one of the bends.
I could bring them along to the weekender or something....?

Thank you. If I find any old monster bits I will do exchange. Yes no rush just virtual collecting for now.

steeevvvooo
11-03-2014, 05:24 PM
may have some from the DD bike. Will have a look

scrapps
11-03-2014, 05:39 PM
May still have the old bars from the 900 I will check they could have gone as Scrap metal

bex
11-03-2014, 05:54 PM
If you mean old as in original shape monster then nope.

If you mean old as in not used then I have a standard set off a 796 you're welcome to.

Albie
11-03-2014, 05:58 PM
If you mean old as in original shape monster then nope.

If you mean old as in not used then I have a standard set off a 796 you're welcome to.

Not at all fussy so yes they are fine. Bit of old and new . Just would need to decide which go well up or down.

Thanks all appreciated

Darren69
11-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Don't have any handlebars but I may plenty of other Monster parts knocking about in the attic if you think of anything you may need, frame bungs, footrest hangers etc that I could probably donate? If I can find 'em?

Albie
11-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Don't have any handlebars but I may plenty of other Monster parts knocking about in the attic if you think of anything you may need, frame bungs, footrest hangers etc that I could probably donate? If I can find 'em?

I may have the footrest hangers off you. Kind of finish the rear end. It still has the brackets. Just for effect and brightly polished furniture.

I even have a proper tea tray for it. I don't need footpegs though he says thinking hard Hmm !:thumbsup: Not sure now :spin:

Dirty
11-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Sounds great, and it will undeniably be a Monster :):running:

You're welcome to mine if and when I get around to changing them

Albie
11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Sounds great, and it will undeniably be a Monster :):running:

You're welcome to mine if and when I get around to changing them

I am adding a radiator to keep my feet warm :thumbsup:

If it doesn't work as a coffee table its a TV stand one or the other

Dirty
11-03-2014, 09:43 PM
I am adding a radiator to keep my feet warm :thumbsup:

If it doesn't work as a coffee table its a TV stand one or the other

Brilliant.

I always wanted to make a coffee table out of an old V6 Essex engine, might still do it one day

mrdidlydingo
22-03-2014, 07:47 PM
A free set in my garage if required ?

Wildfire
22-03-2014, 10:48 PM
I have a bent set if that's any help?

Albie
23-03-2014, 06:03 AM
I have a bent set if that's any help?

Bent slightly is fine. As long as not round itself. I can straighten without risk of being ridden again:thumbsup:

Saint aka ML
23-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Albie how many more you need?

I have ground down renthal and one stock but slightly rustic :)

Albie
23-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Well I need 4 pairs well 2 pairs of pairs. None actually got yet but would welcome any saved for me.