PDA

View Full Version : Classic Racing 2014

Flip
09-03-2014, 04:31 AM
O.K. so not strictly Monster related but plenty of distant cousins.

It is getting close to that time of year again when the racing season starts and at Classic club level it's no different (except for the budgets of course) and so now the dates are set for some great meetings.

Unfortunately due to family and work restrictions (16 month old daughter and wifey works weekends) I am only confirmed to be racing at Brands and Donington so far (but hopefully will make a couple more) plus I will be giving the little bike an airing at the Donington track day at the end of May.

With the rise in popularity and interest of classic racing (look how successful the Classic TT was- the senior race being won by CRMC regular Olie Linsdell on the very beautiful Paton) and grids that make Moto GP look pitiful and spectators that make World Superbikes circuits in the U.K. look empty along with reasonable entry fees, it all adds up to a great weekend.

If you've never been to a classic race before I am sure some folk here who were at Donington last year will vouch for how good a time you will have. With some excellent close racing (maybe not by me though) and with an open paddock you can get to see the bikes up close and have a chat with the riders- who knows you may even get the bug to give it a go!
On top of that, Kevin Schwantz will be in attendance at Donington (hopefully riding something) along with some other top names to be announced later I am sure.

Here are some details of the CRMC calendar:

http://www.crmc.co.uk/calendar.htm

And here for the Donington Classic Festival which if the last two years are anything to go by will be fantastic:

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/events/2014/08/08/classic-motorcycle-festival/

Previous seasons photos here:
www.sport-pics.co.uk

Don't forget to come along and say "Hello"!!
Flip #76 (250cc Singles)

scrapps
09-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Looks like fun to watch and to check out some great bikes. I will see if anybody fancys a run over to take a look at the Brands meet while at the Kenties meet today :thumbsup:

Grumpy
09-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Capo,Utopia and myself went to the Doddington meet last year.
The event is a fantastic day out, with a variety of interesting machines and close racing.
I can highly recommend going.

utopia
09-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Yep, 'twas a grand day out.
And the bikes have proper noise too.
I'll be going again this year, and possibly to one or two other classic meetings too.
Cadwell looks good (but then it always does).

pompone
09-03-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm likely to be at Brands