PDA

View Full Version : Go-Pros

turbohobbit
26-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Anyone use a helmet-mounted Go Pro* camera on their commute or weekend jaunts? I am toying with the idea of getting one for my commute - partly for fun but mainly to film the collective muppets I have to deal with going into and out of London, in the event of an incident. Is it really worth it?

*Other helmet-mounted video camera recording devices are also available.

S4Rs MacK
26-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Stephen,
Ive got one but instead of mounting it on my helmet, i bought the pushbike/handlebar mount for mine too and the bracket/clamp is the perfect size for fitting round the thicker tubes of a Monster frame. I've used it a couple of times and the quality is excellent. I used it on the Sunday ride of last years weekender and got some cool footage

Dirty
26-02-2014, 11:20 PM
They are great bits of kit and I'd say if you were going to get a camera get the go-pro, don't mess about with the others. They are broadcast quality and used by TV.

As for is it worth it. Lets hope not but if you do get into an incident and it happens in view of the camera (you obviously need 4 at least to cover all likely angles) and the version of events is contested then yes it would be worth it. Even if none of that happens though you'll have a cool little toy to take footage of ride outs and anything else you fancy.

J.P
27-02-2014, 07:16 AM
I've seen more of them being used for eveidence in case something happens to you.
Go-pro are the best make but a little expensive

smiffyraf1
27-02-2014, 11:36 AM
ive got one and to be honest dont rate it. its a gopro3. dont think the fish eye lens lends itself to motorsport or bike applications well. everything seems further away than it is. my mate has a HD Drift or something and that is miles better.

mrdidlydingo
28-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I use one on the bike for touring, but cant advise mounting it to your lid as the resulting videos make you feel sick, the clamp mounts are best as you can move it around the bike.