PDA

View Full Version : I am lovin it

Stucati
21-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Hi all

Just got myself a year old M796 a few weeks and had it out a couple of times now and loving every minute of it.

Still getting used to it a bit, but so far its all smiles all the way.

Looking forward to meeting some of you who are around the London area and learning more about what it is to be a monster owner!

MrsC_772
21-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Stucati,

Glad you're enjoying the new bike. The Monster grin is like a bike grin, only more so.

There are quite a lot of meets in the London area these days: Fatboys Diner in Docklands (http://www.thelasturl.net/fatboys/fatboys.html) 1st Saturday of each month, plus the odd evening night out.

Keep an eye on the relevant threads on the forum for details: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=31

J.P
21-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the club and glad you've managed to get out on the bike in the recent weather

Darren69
21-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Its not a big grin its a monsterous grin! :biggrin::biggrin:

MerlinPV12
21-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Welcome Stucati - miles definitely mean smiles on a Monster :mand: and they're a hoot to ride, especially on the twisty bits!

Dirty
22-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Hello and welcome.

Loving the handle :mand:

Wildfire
22-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Welcome! Give me a shout sometime, I'm in Sutton, so only a mile or so down the road from you. I'm always up for a bit of a blat out!

I know my locations says Kenley, but I just need to work out how to change it!

Stucati
25-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys for making me welcome, i am looking forward to seeing some of you when i get to some of the meets.

Wildfire.... thanks your just down the road from me! I will be taking you up on the offer of a blast out once this rain finally goes (if it does). Bring on the sunshine!!

Wildfire
25-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Cool, I'm often blatting around the area, through Carshalton Beeches on my way back from my folks. Either on the Monster or a black 2007 ZX6-R

Davidg1230
25-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi Stucati, welcome.

A quick question to a fellow 796 rider and whether you have any low speed fuelling issues during this cold snap? My bike is and although slightly better since it's been into Rosso Corse for investigation and the weather has been warmer this week, it's still spluttery when trailing or riding on a light throttle at around 30mph.

Do you commute on your bike? I'm keen to see if this is standard during the winter months as the bike seems a little better as the temp is now around 12 degrees and not single figures as it has been.

Stucati
27-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Hey davidg1230 ....

So far i have only had the bike out about 10 times and i dont use it for commuting (well i havent yet), so i have picked the better days we have had to blast about for a while.

But I cant say i have noticed any issues so far while at low speeds or in the cold, just the normal clattering of the engine at low revs. But i havent had much ride time yet so if i encounter anything unusual i will let you know!

The only thing i have noticed is a nice scratch down the side of the tank that i put on there yesterday wheeling it out of the garage..........bloody zip!!! Gutted :(

I am hoping it can be touched up somehow Arrrgggghh

pompone
27-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Hi and welcome :)