PDA

View Full Version : Dorset / Somerset

Bunny
20-01-2004, 09:03 PM
It looks sad not having any posts, so here's the first one of 2004.

As there have been several new members join in Dorset / Somerset since last Summer, perhaps we could arrange some meets through the year around here.

Went to the first Hamster meet on Sunday - 145 mile round trip, and had the only monster there, would like to meet some more local members.

I am hoping to meet up with Phoenix (Worcester) etc Sunday 1st, but depends on how late we get back from Weymouth on Sat night/Sunday morning - anybody in Weymouth ?

I am a regular Sunday dinner eater at the Quicksilver in Yeovil with a couple of non-monsterers, go to Hunters lodge nr Wincanton on Thursday nights during the Summer (BBQ), and some Wednesdays go to Avebury

Occasional Sunday breakfasts (see a pattern forming here ?) in the cafe by Bridge M/cycles at Exeter, and very often found at West Bay (Frenchie's and fresh donuts.... mmmmm... donuts)

We will be going on the Stonehenge, New Forest and Beaulieu runs, as well as hopefully some of the Gloucs meets, Bristol Show and UKMOC weekend

Anyone has any ideas, or wants to pop round for a tea or coffee, always welcome.

OK that's my bit done for now - show yourselves - I know you're out there;)

Banshee
20-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Welcome for a cuppa, what biscuits you got?

NattyBoy
20-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Ill be gatecrashing some of your stuff bunny this year....Well get some big runs organised to avebury with the sussex/glos/hampster lot too.

Moto Marelli (based in salisbury) have an italian rideout day in march so ive asked him to send me the details

Cheers
Nat

BoozyBOB
20-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Bunny...the Pheonix ride to Chipping Norton is 1st Feb...
you dont want to be the only monster two weeks in a row...
..Boozy..(on a charged up Monster)..

Bunny
21-01-2004, 03:41 AM
:D Thanks Bob, sorted now , no replies from round here yet:(
but thanks Nat, that's closer than the Hamster meets;)
As for biscuits : usually hobnobs, coconut rings + rich tea :D

COR
21-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Our usual jollies are:
Breakfast at Fowlers, Bristol.
Brunch at Riders, Bridgwater (V&J Honda almost opposide have a free coffee machine).
Burger van at Bridge, Exeter.
Ice cream and fish and chips at Ilfracombe.
Back to Weston sea front for more ice cream and a nice cup of tea.

Bunny
21-01-2004, 06:43 PM
COR: give us a bit of notice then, and we'll see what we can do - will do Cheddar again this year ? What about a trip to the windmill for a photo as you suggested

DorsetDave
24-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Bunny and all who replied to your original message. I have had so much trouble with my messaging systems, only just sorted. I hope to catch up on some of the social rides this year. I often travel to West Bay, one of the local rides I enjoy. I watch the Forum regularly, but I am not sure I have got to grips with the intricacies of the system yet. As you know through PMs Bunny, I only got my Monster in December, but I have been a member of the club for a while. Look forward to participating in ride-outs and other events.

Regards
Dave

Bunny
24-01-2004, 11:35 AM
:D :D :D Thanks Dave, not Bunny nomates from Dorset this year:D :D :D
will keep in touch
Sue and I will be in Weymouth this evening, Finn McCauls (bound to be a tribute band) , Cork and Bottle, Wetherspoons etc if there's any Dorset monster owners hiding out there, come along to Finn's and ask for Bunny, they'll know who you mean;)

spacemonkey
24-01-2004, 04:21 PM
When I'm down in Boringmouth (for it is Christchurch that I come from ) I never see any Monsters-apart from Saturday night crawling around Boringmouth Town centre-and most bikers give a funny look. Why are Monsters unpopular down there in Cow**** Land-By-The-Sea? All plastic pigs....apart from the hordes of classic Brit**** (which I like ;) )...

Bunny
24-01-2004, 04:57 PM
There are plenty of monsters around Boringmouth, but I think it must be illegal to own both a bike and a PC , but I won't tell if nobody else does

spacemonkey
07-03-2004, 05:53 PM
I use my mum's when I'm there so I'm alright!