PDA

View Full Version : Beeno fiddling again ,,,

jerry
13-02-2014, 11:58 AM
after my failed s4 pod filter experiment , i suddenly remembered that i had a brand new spare Ducati performance S4 ECU in the back of my tool box , bought on Ebay 2 years ago as surplus stock from a defunt dealer it cost me £50 a bargain ,

so i ripped out my Power commander and original ECU and 10 minutes later all was running nicely ,, no problems with it was all plug an play .less of a rats nest under the tank now which is a bonus . My standard but much modified K&N airbox is back on not the pods i repaired it with duct tape and tie wraps a replacement is already on order ,checked the TPS ..still spot on ,,,,

Took the bike for a ride ,,,, yippeeee !!! its great ,, smooth as my custom maps in PC3 . just needed a little tweak on the airscrews from 1.25 turns out to 1.75 turns and the low speed running was sweeter before it bogged a bit between idle and 2.5k ,, DP ECU has raised the rev limit from about 9500rpm to somewhere north of 10250rpm ???? ran out of road before it got there power above 7k is MASSIVE but bike runs sweet at all revs and gear change transitions are smooth even with my gammy shoulders and hands which Dave the Torturer ( Chiropracter) is sorting ,

Fuel consumption seems reasonable will know more by end of this weekend as its Pattaya bike week ,,,,

I was happy with the PC3 setup with all my custom maps but have to admit that someone at ducati really know his stuff when he did the mapping on the DP ECU the bike is even better now ,

Any one want a PC3 for an S4 ??????