PDA

View Full Version : Calling Gary Tompkins! Your next project?

bigredduke
11-02-2014, 07:56 PM
These look so much fun. if anyone can do it you can Gary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lo_zXe2UWKw

Nickj
11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
So that would be a bacofoil shell for the trike you have in mind there ;)

Dirty
11-02-2014, 10:46 PM
They look great but the creator is ever so slightly annoying.

jonzi
12-02-2014, 08:19 AM
They look great but the creator is ever so slightly annoying.

I could only watch for a minute or so, they were both annoying.

And Jay Leno dresses like he is in a John Steinbeck book.

However, the bubble jobby did look good.

Mr Gazza
12-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Mmm.. They get your attention, and then the novelty wears off.

how about something with more enduring appeal..? I've always liked those Drop Tank cars, made from...er..Drop tanks.
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nisnch.png

Or something English (With a German engine and French rolling chassis...Could be an Italian engine though.)

The Pemberton Kit car..
http://i58.tinypic.com/2ppa1b5.jpg

Dirty
12-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Mmm.. They get your attention, and then the novelty wears off.

how about something with more enduring appeal..? I've always liked those Drop Tank cars, made from...er..Drop tanks.
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nisnch.png

This is Jay leno's 'Tank car', made by the same guy. Engine from an actual military tank it redlines at 3000 rpm, weighs 4 tonnes and makes 1600hp. It features in 'Grand Turismo 4'
http://s24.postimg.org/44ncjashx/03232_06628.jpg

Mr Gazza
12-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Yup, good call Dirty...I don't mind looking at that...:biggrin:

Kato
13-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Just had to google Jay Leno as no clue who he is.......found both of them really irritating, cars look fun though

Dirty
13-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Oh I quite like Jay Leno. He's a proper petrol head so it's hard not to even if he isn't that funny in his day job!

nambduke
13-02-2014, 10:43 AM
The reason why they are irritating is fairly obvious I thought.....American!:D

Darren69
13-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Yea what's Aluminum anyway? It's AluminIum surely? :)

gary tompkins
13-02-2014, 05:50 PM
They look naff.. sort of Flash Gordon meets Noddy

As for those helmets :gay:

Mr Gazza
13-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Jay Leno knows how lucky he is to be able to afford his passion, and would probably prefer to called a Gear Head rather than a Petrol Head.

He had a Y2K (probably still has). That is a road legal turbine powered motorcycle.
He has been known to melt parts of other cars in traffic with the very hot jet efflux..Tee hee..Guess that beats the 70s Ducatis that used to set off all the car alarms with the shock waves from thier exhausts.?

Dirty
13-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Jay Leno knows how lucky he is to be able to afford his passion, and would probably prefer to called a Gear Head rather than a Petrol Head.

When he was a baby he had a dummy, He eats aubergines, courgettes and beetroot and biscuits. His engines are under his bonnets, which are flanked by wings, he puts his luggage in his boot and uses indicators, he owns saloon cars, his exhausts exit via silencers, he may at some point have lived in a block of flats that had a first floor 1 level above the ground, the flat had a postcode, he kept his keys in his bumbag, he bought his sun tan lotion for his holiday from a chemist and his beer from an off licence.

It may be that he would prefer people address him using incorrect English. If so he is an idiot as well as a petrol head! :)

England and America - 2 nations divided by a common language :p

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Lu9Nm25G1c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sM7PK5d2Yug?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Gazza
13-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Well Jeremy Clarkson told him we would call him a petrol head over here, but he would be a gear head in the US...He didn't seem to give a toss either way..:spin:

Not sure about the vegatables, but I do know that basil becomes Bay-zil.
I can come in with Hood,Fenders and Trunk, and I think Trafficators?
Then Sedans? Mufflers...Condo, maybe.
Not sure where the 1st floor would be, but it would have a zip code...
The only other one I can translate is Drug Store. Offie is probably a Liquer store?

I did get confused over there when somebody asked me if my wife was pissed...I said no shes very cross though...:D

Dirty
13-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Well Jeremy Clarkson told him we would call him a petrol head over here, but he would be a gear head in the US...He didn't seem to give a toss either way..:spin:

I agree, I like his youtube channel. He seems pretty down to earth regarding his cars and shares them with the world without appearing to be boasting, not an easy task.

Not sure about the vegatables, but I do know that basil becomes Bay-zil.
I can come in with Hood,Fenders and Trunk, and I think Trafficators?
Then Sedans? Mufflers...Condo, maybe.
Not sure where the 1st floor would be, but it would have a zip code...
The only other one I can translate is Drug Store. Offie is probably a Liquer store?

Pacifier
Eggplant
Zucchini
Beet
Motors
Hoods
Fenders
Trunk
Turn Signals
Sedans
Mufflers
Apartment Block
'Foreign' buildings call the ground floor the first floor! Also some/many US buildings don't have a 13th floor (also happens in UK sometimes)
Zip code
Fanny pack
Sun screen
Vacation
Drug store
Liquor store

I did get confused over there when somebody asked me if my wife was pissed...I said no shes very cross though...:D

As a smoker I have to be careful about asking for a pack of fags :look:

gary tompkins
14-02-2014, 12:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UexiOL8I_3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Gazza
14-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks for filling in the gaps there Dirty..Never heard of "Zucchini" before, but it's not too suprising about the difference in the language 3000 miles away....I wonder what you will make of my Norfolk though, when we finally meet up??
I expect we will sort it out over a noice kewl bear..:drunk:

'Foreign' buildings call the ground floor the first floor! Also some/many US buildings don't have a 13th floor (also happens in UK sometimes)

Funnily enough Boatbuilders never build a thirteenth boat. It's always 12A.
Mariners are very superstitious, and they would probably not buy a boat no.13.

I carry it on as more of a tradition than a superstition, when I am building a roof I always stamp the rafter after 12, with 12A, much to the amusement of the fitters..!

Dirty
14-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Get orf may laaand :mand:

Didn't know about the boat numbers but I knew the sea and superstition go hand in hand. In SE Asia to this day women are not allowed to step foot on boats (fishing, commercial vessels that is) even when tied up in port (the boats that is).

What do you call your 13th beer? :chuckle:

Darren69
15-02-2014, 08:10 AM
You forgot also silantro = coriander