PDA

View Full Version : Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival: 26-05-14.

Chris Jessop
29-01-2014, 05:58 AM
I would like to formally invite Ducati owners to our annual Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/cjbuell/th_2014EmsDayPosterBITMAP_zps0e073e0a.png (http://s18.photobucket.com/user/cjbuell/media/2014EmsDayPosterBITMAP_zps0e073e0a.png.html)

UK Buell Enthusiasts Group event topic with accommodation details: http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18242

Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre web site showing their location plus the UKBEG/EBR Em's Day and American Air Day notice: http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/Special-Events/american-air-day.htm

Grumpy
29-01-2014, 07:12 AM
See you there.:mand:

Fatal
29-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Enjoyed it last year, fingers crossed work does not get in the way

Alan H

utopia
29-01-2014, 01:26 PM
I'll be there again this year, for the third time.
For any other midlanders considering the trip, its a really nice run out through Melton to get to this.
No doubt we'll arrange a rendezvous nearer the date.
If memory serves there were about a dozen ukmoc members in attendance last year.
Maybe we need a banner or something to make a more formal presence this year ?

Chris Jessop
30-01-2014, 05:28 PM
If you guys would like a 'club stand' or reserved area just for Ducati Monsters please let me know and I'll make all arrangements.

My little bruvver might even attend, he's (very slowly) rebuilding a 1997 M900 he's had since new, it'll give him a date to aim for.......

Mr Gazza
30-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Count me in....

...I like aeroplanes, Italian Bikes and Buells..How could I miss it??

iconic944ss
31-01-2014, 12:07 AM
GREAT event, well worth supporting...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HYsj1HeBrwM/Ue0eNWip7nI/AAAAAAAADis/bzVhfac5ERo/w506-h675/P1080735.JPG

He11cat
31-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Has it moved dates ????
:( :( that's 4 things on one weekend :(
Was really nice last year sadly I can't make that date gutted.

Chris Jessop
31-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Sorry about that, for the last 8 or 9 years it's been held in July but this year we were asked if we wanted to use the Bank Holiday Monday and combine it with the LAHC American Air Day.

We couldn't refuse their offer, Erik Buell Racing (USA) will have a presence, P-51 Mustangs plus Buells and Italian motorcycles - it's going to be an awesome day :biggrin:...

utopia
01-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Ah, I hadn't noticed the new of date....... my birthday actually.
But my calendar is still free.
Shame you're booked up, Mel.

Chris Jessop
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
In addition to two P-51 Mustangs the LAHC have now confirmed that one of the RAF's Spitfires will be displaying.

Details http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/Special-Events/american-air-day.htm

If you guys want to have an area reserved for Monsters please let me know ASAP.

utopia
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
I was waiting to see how many replied to this thread before contacting you about reserving a monster area.
I suspect a few are leaving their plans fluid for now though.
I do know of a small number who are definitely going, including myself, but I expect more will join up as time progresses.
Maybe we should just arrange it now and assume that the numbers will increase to normal levels in due course ?

Darren69
04-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Sounds interesting, I'll have to try and come along and as Jeff said a good ride out to Melton, some exellent roads out that way.

nambduke
04-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a good day out.....any Yorkshire members fancy going down? If enough interest we could pick up along the way....

Best regards
Mark

DrD
04-03-2014, 07:16 PM
I intend to go again, whether on the M900 or the RSV I could not say

bigredduke
04-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a good day out.....any Yorkshire members fancy going down? If enough interest we could pick up along the way....

Best regards
Mark

I plan to go. It's a grand day out (if the weather is OK)

Chris Jessop
05-03-2014, 06:38 AM
I was waiting to see how many replied to this thread before contacting you about reserving a monster area.
I suspect a few are leaving their plans fluid for now though.
I do know of a small number who are definitely going, including myself, but I expect more will join up as time progresses.
Maybe we should just arrange it now and assume that the numbers will increase to normal levels in due course ?

It'll be a very busy day and a lot of trade stands have already booked their plots so I'll reserve UKMOC a space for 15 to 20 bikes. If you have a Ducati and/or UKMOC banner it'll help with your display.

We'll be at the Aviation Centre between 8.00 and 8.30am on the day itself so if a UKMOC member who's local to East Kirkby could get there to set up before 10.00am we'll direct all Ducati Monsters to you as they arrive.

smiffyraf1
05-03-2014, 06:52 AM
yeah im there again, would be good to have a ukmoc area

smiffyraf1
05-03-2014, 06:52 AM
im pretty local. work at coningsby and live in lincoln

Chris Jessop
05-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Sounds ideal - we'll liaise with you nearer the event.

Grumpy
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi guys, an update on the Buell/American Air day.
Chris and I have had a chat and agreed a dedicated area for the UKMOC to display our bikes.
There will be plenty of space, so the more the merrier.

I have posted a link for the event below, but the basics are 2 P51-D Mustangs and a Spitfire will perform an air display on the day, along with the taxi runs by the Lanc.
Also the 2 riders for the Erick Buell race time will be there on the day.

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/Special-Events/american-air-day.htm

Please add your name to the list below, so we can have an idea of numbers.

Grumpy

jarv
03-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Hi guys, an update on the Buell/American Air day.
Chris and I have had a chat and agreed a dedicated area for the UKMOC to display our bikes.
There will be plenty of space, so the more the merrier.

I have posted a link for the event below, but the basics are 2 P51-D Mustangs and a Spitfire will perform an air display on the day, along with the taxi runs by the Lanc.
Also the 2 riders for the Erick Buell race time will be there on the day.

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/Special-Events/american-air-day.htm

Please add your name to the list below, so we can have an idea of numbers.
Grumpy

Grumpy
jarv

LouSCannon
03-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Best man at a wedding in the Lake District that weekend, don't think I'll be back in time to make it up there but never know... Can I say maybe for now James and come back to you nearer the time?

utopia
03-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Ooops, it seems we've all neglected to respond to your list, James.
Until now anyway....

Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia

Mr Gazza
03-04-2014, 11:03 PM
I really want to go to this one, meet some Monster folk and oggle all those Italian bikes.

Unfortunatly it clashes with a little show in Norfolk where we hope to debut a Triumph 21 that I have been helping out with...Triumph is a bit behind though, so my name might go down later.

popelli
04-04-2014, 06:57 AM
but the basics are 2 P51-D Mustangs and a Spitfire will perform an air display on the day,

that's swung it for me, mustangs are one hell of an aircraft

think I'll pencil this into my diary

Grumpy
04-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Best man at a wedding in the Lake District that weekend, don't think I'll be back in time to make it up there but never know... Can I say maybe for now James and come back to you nearer the time?

Hi Jim, no problems. If you are running tight, just pop along.

bigredduke
05-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
Bigredduke (but may be on the Paul Smart)

nambduke
05-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke

DrD
05-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
DrD

Dukedesmo
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
All being well, I intend to be there, so;

Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
Dukedesmo

nambduke
09-04-2014, 09:36 AM
I've dropped a thread onto the Yorkshire area for those travelling to this event. If anyone is riding down through North Yorkshire, we could try and travel down together....

Best regards
Mark

smiffyraf1
09-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Am i right in thinking this is a monday

bigredduke
09-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Am i right in thinking this is a monday

Bank Holiday Monday

smiffyraf1
22-04-2014, 06:07 PM
booked this off so will be there also
(yes i know, don't get bank holidays off gratis!)

Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
Dukedesmo
smiffyraf1

Chris Jessop
30-04-2014, 07:31 PM
The Aviation Centre has issued an update for our event, a B17 Flying Fortress has been added to the aircraft display program......

We will have three taxi-runs of the Lancaster (11am, 1.30pm and 4.00pm) and our resident Dakota will be displaying for us.

We will also be visited by two P-51 Mustangs which will be providing displays during the day and we will have a flying display from 'Sally B' the B17 Flying Fortress!

On top of that the BBMF Spitfire will be giving us a flypast!!!

We hope to be able to get the B17, DC3 Dakota and Mustangs all up together for a multi aircraft formation flypast.

Grumpy
30-04-2014, 08:23 PM
The Aviation Centre has issued an update for our event, a B17 Flying Fortress has been added to the aircraft display program......

We will have three taxi-runs of the Lancaster (11am, 1.30pm and 4.00pm) and our resident Dakota will be displaying for us.

We will also be visited by two P-51 Mustangs which will be providing displays during the day and we will have a flying display from 'Sally B' the B17 Flying Fortress!

On top of that the BBMF Spitfire will be giving us a flypast!!!

We hope to be able to get the B17, DC3 Dakota and Mustangs all up together for a multi aircraft formation flypast.

Oh...Oh...oh...jumping up and down like tigger!!

Fatal
30-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Gaffer ain't to happy, but I have permission to come and play ;)
I know its still early, but is the plan to meet up at the petrol station again then ride in, and if it is can someone remind me where it was :confused:

Alan H

jarv
30-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to this - it's getting better by the day!

:spin:

Mohawk
30-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
Dukedesmo
smiffyraf1
Mohawk and the OH on his S4rs

Fatal
30-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
Dukedesmo
smiffyraf1
Fatal

Grumpy
01-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Gaffer ain't to happy, but I have permission to come and play ;)
I know its still early, but is the plan to meet up at the petrol station again then ride in, and if it is can someone remind me where it was :confused:

Alan H

Utopia and I are heading up to East Kirkby early to set up the pitch for the club.
Might be best if you guys organise where to meet. I know capo is planning to go, maybe have a chat with him to arrange a time and place to meet for a ride in?

smiffyraf1
01-05-2014, 11:06 AM
what time you getting there grumpy and ill come give you a hand as am only down the road

Mr Gazza
01-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Hubby seen the light and swapped the Triumph for a Monster, Mohawk??

DrD
01-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
Dukedesmo
smiffyraf1
Fatal
DrD (plus some others from DOC-Yorkshire)

Mohawk
01-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Hubby seen the light and swapped the Triumph for a Monster, Mohawk??

Ha Ha. no he has both :-)

Mr Gazza
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Ha Ha. no he has both :-)

Nice...:D

Might see you at East Kirkby yet. Will know nearer the time.

Chris Jessop
18-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Final notice for the event:

Regulars to this event will be familiar with how it's run but if it's your first visit these details will prove helpful.

Event location details including map can be found here: http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/contact-us

The event runs from 10.00am until late afternoon and admission for those arriving by motorcycle is £8.00 per adult. Admission for children, 10 to 15 years, is £4.00. Under 10's free.

To help us on the gate please have the correct money available when you arrive.

If you plan to ride in as a group please pool all your admission money together before you arrive at the Aviation Centre and give it to a nominated person to hand over. Again it'll help us on the gate and speed up your entry.

As last year, on arrival in the main car park all motorcyclists will be directed straight ahead to where you'll see signs leading to our Buell marquee where we'll collect your admission money. Please note that only the money collected by us at the motorcycle entrance helps to raise funds for Emma's Charity, the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit.

If you're arriving on four wheels instead of two then please park in the main car parks and walk round to us at the motorcycle entrance. If you walk down to the main public entrance you will be charged the normal £12 per adult admission rate, all of which goes to the Aviation Centre.

We will have a Buell/EBR area next to the control tower. EBR Europe have confirmed that WSB riders Geoff May and Aaron Yates from Team Hero EBR will attend plus there'll be three 1190RX's and one 1190RS on display.

Italian motorcycles plus other makes will park on the larger concrete area near the hanger. The Ducati Monster Owners Club will have their own dedicated parking area and we'll direct any Monster riders to it when they arrive.

American Air Day timetable:
11.00am Avro Lancaster taxi-run
12.00pm Dakota flying display
12.30pm Queen Mary airfield tour
1.30pm Avro Lancaster taxi-run
1.45pm Queen Mary airfield tour
2.30pm Dakota flying display
2.45pm P-51 Mustangs flying display
3.00pm B17 Flying Fortress flying display
3.15pm Queen Mary airfield tour
3.35pm Spitfire flypast
4.00pm Avro Lancaster taxi-run

Grumpy
23-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi guys, just a reminder that the club will have a dedicated display area,I'm not sure yet where we will be, but the airfield is fairly compact, so when you head in, look for the club banner.

nambduke
23-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Grumpy
Jarv
Utopia
nambduke
Dukedesmo
smiffyraf1
Fatal

I'll have to dip out due to back/spinal problem - hope you all enjoy the day!

Jarv
Utopia
Dukedesmo
smiffyraf1
Fatal

regards,
Mark

Fatal
26-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Another cracking day with the UKMOC Mob
http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Fatalhud/slideshow/Lincolnshire%20Aviation%20Heritage%20Centre

Alan H

smiffyraf1
27-05-2014, 08:33 AM
some good pics there! was good to see everyone.
thanks for the donation as well tim, hopefully will be back on a monster for the next one!

Chris Jessop
28-05-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd like to thank everyone who attended our event on Monday, come rain or shine you guys (and girls) help to make this event something very special.

Out of a total of 290 there were approximately 120 Italian motorcycles present.

We raised £600.00 on the gate for Emma's Charity, the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit. This will take the total we've raised since Emma passed away in April 2004 to over £45,000.00.

popelli
28-05-2014, 06:23 AM
any pics of the planes

Fatal
28-05-2014, 09:23 AM
any pics of the planes
Click on my link, its a slideshow including Planes:thumbsup:

Alan H

buzzbomb
28-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Great pic's Alan...:hail:

Thanks for posting...:thumbsup:

Chris Jessop
29-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the positive response....

Next years event will be held on Monday 25th May 2015, Spring Bank Holiday.