PDA

View Full Version : Temp sensor and top gear m695

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Two questions serious one:

Does the air pressure/temp sensor and/or engine temp sensor influences how bike runs?
It seems to me that when it is so cold that engine temp does not even display LO on dash (no reading at all insterad) and/or if my air/temp sensor is disconnected bike is very sluggish, lazy at low/medium throttle till it warms up to level that engine temp the least reads LO.
Funny it starts perfect either way.

2nd question what is the point of 6th gear on m695? It cannot hold top speed the moment there is incline bigger then slight, it cannot accelerate when over 95-100 mph it seems like complete waste. Extra weight and all :)

AndyC_772
26-12-2013, 08:34 AM
I've always seen the 'LO' indication, never just a blank display. Just how cold is it where you are?

I agree that 6th gear is useless. Maybe it wouldn't be if you went up a tooth or two on the rear sprocket?

Dirty
26-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Maybe 6th is an economy gear, or for long downhill stretches :)

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe 6th is an economy gear, or for long downhill stretches :)

There is no economy in it, you have to do same as to scooter just to keep it going about same speed ofcourse we are talking private m-way :)

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 11:43 AM
I've always seen the 'LO' indication, never just a blank display. Just how cold is it where you are?

I agree that 6th gear is useless. Maybe it wouldn't be if you went up a tooth or two on the rear sprocket?

It was only one day yesterday and it was colder then all other days so far. I was also thinking cable disconnected but jiggling did nothing.

Then I started the engine and went home. It was sluggish for about 3-4 min and then temp read LO and all was good in instant.

Dirty
26-12-2013, 12:12 PM
There is no economy in it, you have to do same as to scooter just to keep it going about same speed ofcourse we are talking private m-way :)

Same speed but less revs in higher gear = economy

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Same speed but less revs in higher gear = economy

He right until you hit a gentle sloap :P

slob
26-12-2013, 12:48 PM
'LO' is oil temp.
The air temperature/pressure sensor is critical. The ECU can't calculate how much fuel; to squirt into the engine unless you give it information about the amount of Oxygen it has to burn the fuel, this information comes from knowing ambient temperature/pressure.

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 01:09 PM
'LO' is oil temp.
The air temperature/pressure sensor is critical. The ECU can't calculate how much fuel; to squirt into the engine unless you give it information about the amount of Oxygen it has to burn the fuel, this information comes from knowing ambient temperature/pressure.

AH ok so the LO when it is not displaying means there is no engine.

Honestly bike felt to pull ok but everything was like delayed until it changed from --- to LO.

Paivi
26-12-2013, 03:03 PM
If you've been tinkering with it, you can hardly expect it to run normally... :chuckle:

Dirty
26-12-2013, 03:53 PM
He right until you hit a gentle sloap :P

Maybe it was a Dutch bike originally :)

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 04:11 PM
If you've been tinkering with it, you can hardly expect it to run normally... :chuckle:

Hu? It is running normally just differnet to carburated one.

Paivi if you still have your bike maybe I could borrow dash from it to fix mine ;)

Gilps
26-12-2013, 07:31 PM
If you disconnect the air tempsensor then it will run rich.

Funkatronic
26-12-2013, 09:33 PM
could that cheapie sensor you found be the problem?

did you get DuctaiDiag working? that will tell you if the MAP sensor is working

otherwise could try unplugging altogether and seeing if there is any change

Paivi
26-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Hu? It is running normally just differnet to carburated one.

Paivi if you still have your bike maybe I could borrow dash from it to fix mine ;)
Step away from my 695! :eek:

Saint aka ML
26-12-2013, 10:41 PM
could that cheapie sensor you found be the problem?

did you get DuctaiDiag working? that will tell you if the MAP sensor is working

otherwise could try unplugging altogether and seeing if there is any change

Good call will check that it was 12GBP ;)

Step away from my 695! :eek:

ONLY WITH A DASH HEHE