PDA

View Full Version : Sport/touring Tyres

holty
15-12-2013, 10:44 AM
My Bridgestone 023's have covered about 4.5miles and will need replacing very soon. Although the front looks like it will go on for a few more thousand miles the rear is not far off the wear blocks. I will be replacing them as a pair; but the question is which ones? I know that they are all good but what I want is more 'sporty' than touring. The 023 are quite ponderous and I'm told 'heavy' compared with genuine sports tyres.

Cobra88
15-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Michelin Pilot Road 3

You might also lookout dor the 4 which is out just ;)

Rick

Nickj
15-12-2013, 12:09 PM
023's are old hat now, try the replacement T30's.

Mine sems to like them

holty
15-12-2013, 02:17 PM
T30's have had rave reviews!
However on the radar are the Pirelli Angle GT's (MCN No 1 tyre of 2013) & Dunlop SportSmart2 which incidentally is slightly cheaper than the others... It would appear that you pay extra £30.00 / £50.00 for tyres that claim to do more miles?

Darren69
15-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I can recommend the Pirelli Rosso Corsas or Corsa III's, if you want a pure sports tyre

turbohobbit
16-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I guess this is one of those where there are likely to be as many recommendations as there are contributors to the thread. I've had Bridgestones BT23s before and prefer them to the Pirelli Angels that came with my bike - they will be replaced as soon as possible. I was going to go for Bridgestones again (BT23s or the latest iteration thereof) but I too have heard great things about the Pilot Roads.

Incidentally, surely, sports tyres will inevitably be heavier than touring or sports/touring tyres. I would have thought that whoever pointed out to you that the BT23s were heavier and more ponderous than pure sports tyres could be charged with a first degree case of Stating The Bleeding Obvious. BTs are not - and never have proported to be - sports tyres.

holty
05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all the comments -
I have decided to go for a set of Dunlop SportSmart2 which I'm going to have fitted to loose wheels for £250.00
I will evaluate & report back later in the year

Holty

Wasta
06-01-2014, 03:28 AM
The Beemer came with Bridgestone S20's on, they are holding out quiet well, good in the wet (on a heavy bike) and seem to wear well.
My favourite though is the Sportsmart, very good grip whatever the conditions and they seem to last forever, I have them on the R1 and will be replacing them with the same.

I am thinking of the Roadsmarts for the Beemer next along with the Monster which is currently on Maxxis, a tyre I have also been unable to fault and for the price a bargain.

Wildfire
06-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I have PR2's on the ZX6-R (as I was communting on it for a time) and PS 2CT on the Monster. I've always really liked them on the Monster and never had any problems in any weather with them.

PDS
20-01-2014, 07:25 PM
I put some continental sport attacks on my S4, I am very impressed with them, also a good price. I think they are better than the Bridgestone tyres bt016 pro's i was running