PDA

View Full Version : WDW 2014 Fly and Ride

pompone
06-12-2013, 08:30 PM
WDW 2014
Following what I think was a moderate success from last couple of events and following experience and feedback from the people attending previous years the formula for WDW2014 will change slightly.
I apologise if this sound like a business pitch (and in a way shamelessly is) but I think is the best way to proceed if you want… so stay with me..
This will work more like a tour operator package rather than organizing the accommodation as, in all fairness, would make holidays a bit easier to enjoy too and if you want you’ll be buying into the whole experience “fully inclusive” which should also help a)save some money b)have a budget and stop costs spiralling out of control.
As per previous year we’ll be offering a “fly and ride” service, where we’ll be transporting the bikes for you and you can just fly without carrying tons of stuff as part of the deal will be to carry luggage/leathers/spare tires(more on this last subject to come.. :D )
So we’ll be offering a couple of different packages

Package 1
Fly to Malpensa and meet in Gallarate
Wednesday Track day at Castelletto di Branduzzo (hence the tires if you want some sticky rubber) with a local instructor available on the day OR Spirited Tour of the Lakes led by a local guide ;) with Lunch included /Pizza in the evening/Accommodation in Gallarate
Thursday make your way to Misano/Evening dinner out in Cattolica/Accommodation in Cattolica
Friday Trip to Florence on the Futa Pass /Evening BBQ with enough alcohol to satisfy the driest of mouths/Accommodation in Cattolica
Saturday WDW Misano/Alternative DOC party with pizza and beer (This is not for the faint hearted, pictures from 2012 were too explicit to load and that was from Mrs.C alone ;) ) /Accommodation in Cattolica
Sunday Visit to Marco Simoncelli tribute, and if we feel brave a quick blast into Umbria/Accommodation in Cattolica
Monday Departures

Package 2
You fly into Bologna/Rimini on the Thursday and we make sure your bike is at the airport waiting for you and you can join for all of the above (bar the Wednesday activities, obviously)
We can also make sure your bike is in Misano if you’re only down for the weekend, in which case you’ll be responsible for making your own way there. Rates in this case will have to be discussed on a case-by-case agreement.

Allowance included in package: bike (obviously), 1 full bike kit+1jacket, 1 large suitcase, 1 set of tires. You’ll find your bike READY and FULLY FUELLED when picking it up.
Bikes will have to be dropped by the Tuesday afternoon latest, I strongly recommend you don’t leave to the last minute! Delivery/pick up points will be London and Midlands.
If you’re not interested in any of the above we can still carry your luggage down so you can travel light, we’re looking at charging around £1 per Kg of luggage.

I’m glad to say we’ve now transported several highly prized bikes few times to Italy and never got as much as a scratch and we’ll be taking care of them like if they were ours.
Prices are yet to be defined but we’re looking at around £900 all inclusive for Package 1, £750 for Package 2 (possibly less depending on how many people want to join in). This might sound expensive but I remember GT putting up a (very IMHO) conservative estimate of £1300 last time for his trip in 2010, and after that your tires will be buggered, bike will need a service, you’ll need a chiropractor, extra days holiday etc… well you get the picture AND you get a track day/local guide knowledge in.
Prices are all inclusive of meal & drinks, only exception is the Thursday evening where meal is included but you’ll have to pay for your drinks after the first few (usually enough thought..) bottles of vino (I know some of you guys too well to fall into that trap ;) ).
A non-refundable deposit will be required by January 30th.
So enough on the hard sale, put your name down and we can have an idea of people preferences etc. and take it from there :)
Max

uksurfer
07-12-2013, 06:07 AM
is there going to be a accommodation all inclusive option for those that ride down?

Say starting on Thursday - Sunday night

woody71
08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I would be most interested in package 1 :) I am starting to get a headache already from the logistics of personally planning a trip and i haven't really got the time unfortunately to ride down from blighty and back etc ; So having a dedicated organiser for this trip with the bikes transported is a perfect solution :)

Lowsider
29-01-2014, 06:31 PM
For those in the north. Ducati Leeds will be running a trip.

This is the email I received with regards to it...

Big Italy Trip 2014

Here we go again!
This year sees the 10th anniversary of our annual Italy trip. From what then seemed on the first trip a large group of about 15 riders it has grown over the years to a maximum of 28 bikes and about 40 riders and passengers. The dates are we fly out on the 15th of July and come back on the 23rd. We will be staying in Urbino a stunning medieval hill town south west of San Marino. We have run many trips to Urbino in the past and know the area well, the rides are great, have a look on youtube for Sanscepolcro or viamaggio, and you will see what I mean.

Why Urbino this year?
Well it's World Ducati Week which is a giant festival of all things Ducati held on the weekend of July 18th - 20th at the Misano race circuit 40 minutes down the road from Urbino. Again have a quick look on the net for World Ducati Week, its pretty spectacular! We are within 45 minutes of the Adriatic resorts, if you want a quiet beach -don't go. And of course there is always a visit via the trusty Futa Pass to Bologna to the Ducati factory.

Other delights in the area.
San Marino, San Leo , Valentino Rossi's home town of Tavulia where at the local Caff you get a chocolate "46" in the froth of your Coffee. Also in the area is the Furlo gorge which is worth taking a look at, not least because of the very creepy room where Benito Mussolini used to meet his girlfriend.

Surely all this must cost thousands of pounds?
As per last year we are using Tony Barker to organise the logistics. His costs come out as follows.

1 Person with 1 bike
Single bike and + room B and B at the Meridiana hotel £925

2 persons 1 bike
Transport for 1 bike including luggage, double or twin room, B and B at the Meridiana £575 per person.

2 persons 2 bikes
Includes transport for 1 bike including luggage, double or twin room B and B £825 per person

We have organised a bus for 4 evenings to take us into Urbino and to the Saturday night Ducati party and this is included in Tony's prices. This year we will offer a new service to those who want an easier life, a bike pickup and delivery from home, so you don't need a day off work to get your bike to and from the Wythenshaw depot, call the shop and talk to Charlie or Paul for details.

01274 591017

Flights
All flights are of course on top of these costs. Flights are from Stanstead with our good friends Ryanair.

We need to know
As on previous trips it is on a first come basis, we know this trip should be another great experience, so please tell Paul or myself if you are on for this WDW trip as soon as poss. As although July seems a long way off we need to get numbers firmed up, flights booked and all that boring stuff.
Any questions just give me a call

Charlie.
01274 591620

pompone
03-02-2014, 01:56 PM
So we still come out cheaper considering meals (nor drinks) are included ;)

buzzbomb
03-02-2014, 04:41 PM
So we still come out cheaper considering meals (nor drinks) are included ;)

And you get to travel with an Italian diamond geezer...:thumbsup:

PLUS a night as guests of the 100HP club...:hail:

What more could you ask for...:banana::banana:

pompone
06-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone,
for those that have expressed interest I can confirm accommodation has been found (this was not mean task itself, trust me!!) So please anyone who has expressed interest in the fly and ride packages please put their names down so I can organise for deposits from you so I can firmly book numbers for the B&B by MONDAY 10th February. Depending on numbers confirmed the B&B location would be confirmed.
Once this is sorted I will be in a position to offer accommodation to other members travelling down.

pompone
27-03-2014, 08:43 PM
We still have a couple of spaces available in the van if anyone is interested in getting the bike transported :)

Mario
28-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I am interested in the fly and ride package. Can you please send me details?
Thank you.
Mario

pompone
28-04-2014, 07:05 PM
I am interested in the fly and ride package. Can you please send me details?
Thank you.
Mario

Hi Mario, PM sent :)