PDA

View Full Version : CNC brake fluid reservoir.

wezrvf
20-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Thoughts on this ??? Might be worth a try, can by gt it wrong ????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-CNC-Black-Front-Brake-Oil-Fluid-Tank-For-Ducati-Monster-1100-S-08-09-10-13-/291020386346?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43c22ab02a

Mr Gazza
20-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Certainly looks nicer than the horrid translucent plastic original reseviors, and I see that there is a Gold option too.:D
I like the brackets..

You should get away without paying any customs duty on an order for just one resevoir, as it should fall into the low value goods catagory.
But we're going to need three at a time for a set...!...Comes to Eighty quid by my reckoning.

wezrvf
20-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Was contemplating getting one for the front brake and just see the quality and if it wobbles any less. Worth a punt I would say ?

wezrvf
20-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Got one. Let's see what turns up !!

Albie
20-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Just a good looking copy of rizomas. But the bonus is you get the bracket thrown in. Go for it just be wary anodising may fade to a different colour if Chinese made sort of thing and just check for leaks. You cannot really go wrong

Dukedesmo
20-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't see what's wrong with the plastic Brembo part? An alloy reservoir adds nothing but extra weight... :confused:

cactus
20-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Don't see what's wrong with the plastic Brembo part? An alloy reservoir adds nothing but extra weight... :confused:

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Albie
20-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Nothing wrong just not as nice imho . In fact why change anything on a monster LOL. Have you seen the 1200..... Actually the reservoirs on that look clear and nicer than oem usual ones

wezrvf
21-11-2013, 09:05 AM
I think the standard reservoirs look a tad cheap and vibrate like mad if below 5k.

cactus
21-11-2013, 10:12 AM
A set of reservoir socks will cover any cheapness and cost little. I certainly wouldn't be buying any Chinese brake fluid reservoir accessories.

Matt
21-11-2013, 10:25 AM
There is nothing wrong with adding a little bit of bling to your bike. As for the weight - really? Is this the only reason against it?

Dukedesmo
21-11-2013, 11:33 AM
There is nothing wrong with adding a little bit of bling to your bike. As for the weight - really? Is this the only reason against it?

And the cost ;)

But I agree the weight isn't much but when I make additions/mods to my bikes (and I do) I try to do things that give some benefit, be it performance or weight loss etc. and just don't see the point of replacing something that's perfectly alright (and better IMO) unless the replacement offers some technical advantage.

Each to their own though...

slob
21-11-2013, 02:25 PM
....and vibrate like mad if below 5k.

no problem then :-D

wezrvf
21-11-2013, 05:50 PM
No harm in trying To make your bike look a bit different to the crowd. That's the great thing about bikes, is VERY subjective.

Dukedesmo, are you telling me you never make ANY change to your bike purely based on aesthetics?

In terms of the weight, honestly it won't make a bling bit of diffrence. It will be the equivalent weight increase to having your phone in your pocket and if anyone thinks that putting on a tail tidy or carbon hugger offers any real decrease in weight is living in the clouds. These things are purely aesthetic, saving a gram or two of your road going monster is going to be completly unnoticeable.

Matt
21-11-2013, 07:32 PM
And the cost ;)

But I agree the weight isn't much but when I make additions/mods to my bikes (and I do) I try to do things that give some benefit, be it performance or weight loss etc. and just don't see the point of replacing something that's perfectly alright (and better IMO) unless the replacement offers some technical advantage.

Each to their own though...

You make a totally fair argument :-)

Dukedesmo
21-11-2013, 08:19 PM
No harm in trying To make your bike look a bit different to the crowd. That's the great thing about bikes, is VERY subjective.

Agreed but you asked for opinions & I gave you mine. :D

Everyone is, of course free to do what they want to their bikes and that's fine. I reckon the plastic brembo reservoirs are good so I leave them, or even fit them in preference to others.

Not saying my bike is to everyone's taste and with respect to form and function, I like both and try to incorporate that philosphy into my bike's build but I'm not claiming to have got it 100% right. :thumbsup:

m40uke
21-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Ild like to hide both reservoirs, so neither are on show

Dirty
22-11-2013, 02:15 AM
I like the plastic reservoirs myself, probably because I've still got coffin types and hope to change at some point.

Re weight saving yes of course you'll never notice the odd few grams but a few grams here and a few more there and you build into a saving that is noticeable. Of course leaving your phone at home is a lot cheaper than buying Ti bits you'll never see again once fitted but were is the fun in that. I could also go on a diet and make a huge difference but I like cake! :)

wezrvf
27-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Well, less than a week I have them. Very fast deliver and the quality of them is spot on.

Not fitted it yet but if it's fits as well as it looks I will be getting one for the clutch. Size wise, I would say it is slightly smaller than the brake res but larger than the clutch one.

Really nice, I am very impressed with it. I guess I will see how it wears over time but the finish on the colour is very good !!!!