PDA

View Full Version : Wire Spoke Wheels

Byron Kauffman
18-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Hello;
I am new to the forum, and writing from the US. I have been working on a set of wire spoke wheels for my 900. I found that using Moto Guzzi 40 Spoke front hubs will work as the starting point for both front and rear. The Moto Guzzi Jackal uses front disc, so that can be the donor for the front rotor bearing carriers and hardware. I have found a custom made set (cush drive and rotor carrier) for the rear but the price is over the top (0ver $500.). Has anyone found a supplier for this type of conversion that would not have me living on cold cereal in order to pay for it? I made it over to the NEC show in November and saw several vendors with wire wheel displays but got no hard information. Thanks in advance for any help.
Byron

Dave in USA
18-01-2004, 05:36 AM
Welcome to the mob. You may want to check out http://www.ducatimonster.org/ (if you haven't already) its the USA Monster board for dealers over here in the States.

Dave

CK & AK
18-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Could try Talon - contact: sales@rhencullen.co.uk
uk tel: 01455 890345

Do some very nice stuff they do:D

Bunny
18-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Or you can phone talon direct on 01935 471508
they're 20 mins from me, and do gold alloy sprockets ;) as well as hubs, discs etc

spacemonkey
18-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Didn't the Road Racing Monsters use spoked wheels? The ones they used in the old M&P catalogue did.

Anyway, Isn't this the 'UK' monster owners club? We got one somewhere in Euroland, 2 in US and one crashing in Japan... ;)

Dave in USA
18-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by spacemonkey
Isn't this the 'UK' monster owners club? We got one somewhere in Euroland, 2 in US and one crashing in Japan... ;)

I was a member before moving....and we have at least 5 from here on the US Monster board...don't be nasty :( Welcome people from all over.... spread the monster word!!

:D

spacemonkey
19-01-2004, 08:33 PM
And in a year I'll be in Spain!! Visitors on bikes most welcome!

Pedro
19-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Rumour has it (from Crust I think) is that Talon do not sell their hubs seperately so you can build up wheels. I think they have a contract with Ducati.

Ped

IpauloGTS
19-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Here in the U.K. Central Wheel Services have a high reputation in the wheelbuilding field. They even work on those new-fangled thingies!

Paul

http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/home/index.shtml