PDA

View Full Version : Another new Monster owner

Matt
12-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi there, Im Matt and I recently bought this 06 695 Monster

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r600/mattmccabebrown/DSC_0054_zps7fe71983.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/mattmccabebrown/media/DSC_0054_zps7fe71983.jpg.html)

It came to me as a one owner, 12,000 mile bike. It looks like its fallen over once as there are some scruffs on the bar end and brake reservoir. The tank looks like its been repainted too as its blistering up in a few places but I don't mind. I sort of have plans to change it up a little. Maybe go for a matte black base with gold details, a bit like a 900ss, with a nice retro Ducati logo for good measure. Some shorter wider exhausts, may drop the mirrors, maybe a belly pan and if I really push the boat out some GT classic wheels, but that could just be a bit of a pipe dream.

As you can see it didn't come with the original pipes and as a result, well at least I think as a result, the fuelling is really lumpy around 4500rpm. Its okay when giving it some stick, but it really doesn't like a constant throttle :Furious: so some originals are on the cards in the meantime to.

The bike was initially bought as a bike to ride into and out of Central London on, so I got heated grips put on for good measure. I'd been using a using a ZX7R until June and then as that was nicked on a visit to Birmingham, for the last four mouths I was commuting on this instead

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r600/mattmccabebrown/DSCF0160_zpsdea3dbbd.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/mattmccabebrown/media/DSCF0160_zpsdea3dbbd.jpg.html)

Some of you may already know me from the Ducati Forum where I admin (please dont hate me for it) and I also run ,my own website www.headbehindthebubble.com. I can be found on Facebook too and I'll try and add some links into my signature.

Hopefully I'll make a welcome addition to the community :woot:
Take care, see you around the forum
Matt

Albie
12-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello Matt. Nice brace of Dukes there. Enjoy the forum

pompone
12-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi and welcome Matt!

Dirty
12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the Monster family. Nice bikes. Almost matching colours!

utopia
12-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Welcome along, Matt.
Hope you enjoy the new monster as well as the forum.
Both bikes look rather nice.

Bar end mirrors work well on monsters. Better view than std from my 75mm oberons, in my opinion.
Smaller bellypans seem best as they don't retain so much exhaust heat at standstill.

alan c
12-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi Matt and welcome to the club. Keep an eye out for the Kent breakfast meets and get out of the smoke ! would be good to meet you.

steeevvvooo
12-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Both look great! Welcome to the gang

MrsC_772
12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Evening Matt - welcome to UKMOC, and enjoy not having to keep us all in order on this forum unlike The Other Place!

Char
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi Matt

Mrs C is correct - much nicer people on this forum :mand:

But watch out for the ones who are ex monster owners cos they're trouble :mad:

uksurfer
12-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Nice 1098

Cheers
Wantz1

Albie
12-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Nice 1098

Cheers
Wantz1

Knew it wouldn't be long before you turned up you traitor :mand::mand::mand:

uksurfer
12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Sorry Albie...... Had 3 monsters :)

Just hanging out waiting for the new monster

Albie
12-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Sorry Albie...... Had 3 monsters :)

Just hanging out waiting for the new monster

LOL I know and you miss them all. One day I too could be monsterless. Hey I have 4 Yammy's lol and a Suzuki too.

Saint aka ML
12-11-2013, 10:10 PM
He Matt, 3 months wish I got a 900, plus 6 months 1098 goes, plus 4h S4RS on a way......

Matt
13-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the nice welcome :-)

utopia
13-11-2013, 08:52 AM
ps. I noticed on the other forum that you are looking for some handguards for the 695, Matt.
I have been working on my own unique design for these over the last couple of years and they are now just days away from being available on the forum in limited quantity. In fact, the first pair were sent out to He11cat last week before I left for EICMA.
In my opinion, my design is much better than anything else on the market. They fit to the coffin master cylinder units and have no attachments whatsoever to the bars themselves, so they're neat, easy to fit, narrower than other designs but more effective at shielding your pinkies from the icy blast, and quickly detachable if you prefer a less cluttered look in the summer (though I leave mine on cos I like the way they look).
After a couple of years testing I can confidently say that they are more effective than heated grips, and super toasty when used in conjunction.
Being handmade at low volume, they aren't the cheapest, but I honestly think they are the best available.
Watch this space.

Matt
13-11-2013, 10:07 AM
ps. I noticed on the other forum that you are looking for some handguards for the 695, Matt.
I have been working on my own unique design for these over the last couple of years and they are now just days away from being available on the forum in limited quantity. In fact, the first pair were sent out to He11cat last week before I left for EICMA.
In my opinion, my design is much better than anything else on the market. They fit to the coffin master cylinder units and have no attachments whatsoever to the bars themselves, so they're neat, easy to fit, narrower than other designs but more effective at shielding your pinkies from the icy blast, and quickly detachable if you prefer a less cluttered look in the summer (though I leave mine on cos I like the way they look).
After a couple of years testing I can confidently say that they are more effective than heated grips, and super toasty when used in conjunction.
Being handmade at low volume, they aren't the cheapest, but I honestly think they are the best available.
Watch this space.

I'd be very interested when they are available. Let me know prices and availability :thumbsup:

He11cat
13-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi Matt
As admins / mods go your very chilled ....... I feel you pain as I admin and mod elsewhere and its like herding cats some days :)

Enjoy the Monster !

turbohobbit
13-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Watch this space.

Yup, interest here too! I was looking at some Barkbusters, but with heated grips my bars are getting a bit conjested. I'm really interested to hear more about this - keep us in the loop!

Matt
13-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi Matt
As admins / mods go your very chilled ....... I feel you pain as I admin and mod elsewhere and its like herding cats some days :)

Enjoy the Monster !

Ahh thanks :mand:

bazread
13-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome and some good reading on your blog !!

Baz

Matt
13-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Welcome and some good reading on your blog !!

Baz

Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to find out it actually gets read :)

Cobra88
13-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Welcome Matt

Nice blog mate ;)

He11cat
13-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Matt if your boots fill with water you need some Daytona boots :)
Ok not the most glam boots in the world to look at but good safety record and I have been in biblical downpours yet my feet are always dry :)
Nice blog ..

Matt
13-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Matt if your boots fill with water you need some Daytona boots :)
Ok not the most glam boots in the world to look at but good safety record and I have been in biblical downpours yet my feet are always dry :)
Nice blog ..

Thanks Mel. Problem sorted with some SMX Plus Gore Tex jobbies :cool:

Matt
13-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome Matt

Nice blog mate ;)

Cheers dude :thumbsup:

Saint aka ML
13-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Utopia pm me when you have a set will ya?

Saint aka ML
13-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Uh uh either Merged with for sale thread

Or

Merged with I want thread

Which one is it? :)