PDA

View Full Version : G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube

paulel
26-10-2013, 05:16 PM
I find my s2r 1000 a bit snatchy when pulling away and I'm thinking of buying one of these, G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube. Nothing comes up under search, has anyone tried it?

Cousin it
26-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi
I have a g2 fitted to my s4r, it does a good job of smoothing out the initial throttle, there are several cams available for it, the standard 300 cam is about 15% lower than stock for the first 1/4 turn and then ramps up to about stock which might be what you are after, other cams help make the throttle quicker acting after the first 1/4 turn.
Although the standard tube with an electraeon cam was a superb setup, the girlfriend was not too happy about not having a grabrail to hold on to, the G2 allows me to have the quick action at wider openings and a happy girlfriend with out having to fit a grabrail

paulel
27-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi and thanks for your response. My throttle is like an on/off switch, which means I've got to slip the clutch every time I move off from standstill to reduce the risk of stalling, so it sounds like the 300 cam will solve my problem.