PDA

View Full Version : monster evo upgrades

beds748
20-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi

Just would like to sare my thoughts on a few up grades I have done on my evo

Bar end Chinese mirrors ...cheap to buy but thats probley because the bolts on them go rusty first sign of rain , bolts replaced

Not so cheap Chinese flip up billet levers ...good stuff , great fit works a treat

These o2 censer plugs ...wast of money on standard bike and also with cans

Termi system and ecu filter new for £550..great , so much better than standard but there a asbo waiting to happen . Sounds like thunder

Best mod so far is EBC HH pads ...I had a zx6r befor this and the brakes on the standard bike were very poor compared to the Nissan brakes on that . After fittings these pads I can say its probably as good as the zx6 now

Got a 14t sprocket waiting to go on ...as im a big lad and I think this bike is over geared in 6th as its struggling in 6th with me on it

Nev
20-10-2013, 06:35 PM
O2 sensors and 14t sprocket worked a treat on mine, Rizoma grips and adj levers are great. Termi slip ons, filter and ECU for £500 new ? ....teach me how :)

beds748
20-10-2013, 09:02 PM
It was on here

A shop in Rutland closed there ducati branch down and was selling old stock , they miss labelled there ebay advert and it just did not come up on searches . Lucky 1 person on here spotted it and mentioned it on a post

Lucky me £550 happy as Larry

SunEye
20-10-2013, 09:32 PM
These o2 censer plugs ...wast of money on standard bike and also with cans
They made a very noticeable difference to my bike. You appear to be one of the lucky ones with a bike that ran perfectly at 3000rpm in first and second gear in stock condition.

Best mod so far is EBC HH pads ...I had a zx6r befor this and the brakes on the standard bike were very poor compared to the Nissan brakes on that . After fittings these pads I can say its probably as good as the zx6 now
I used to use EBC HH pads on my Kawasakis. When I asked about changing pads on my Evo to EBC HH I was told by Pro Twins not to use them because they don't think that they are very good on Ducatis. They suggested Carbone Lorraine XBK5.

beds748
21-10-2013, 12:45 AM
They work fine bud ...better than brembo

You never know the ones they told you about could be the Nutts

One thing works with 1 person and not another .. as per the o2 censer plugs I suppose

Cobra88
21-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Sounds like your original pads where contaminated as I tried HH pads and they felt rubbish compared to the std Brembo ones.

All initial grab and no feel.

Darren69
21-10-2013, 11:56 AM
It was on here

A shop in Rutland closed there ducati branch down and was selling old stock , they miss labelled there ebay advert and it just did not come up on searches . Lucky 1 person on here spotted it and mentioned it on a post

I did even better, got a Termi full system (headers, hi level link pipes and Titanium cans) for £250 cos the seller hadn't listed it properly and then couldn't cancel it because I had bid and there were <12 hours left!

beds748
21-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Lol

Bargins out there ..I had to wait 8 months for a good deal to come up but think you trumped me with yours

beds748
21-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Sounds like your original pads where contaminated as I tried HH pads and they felt rubbish compared to the std Brembo ones.

All initial grab and no feel.

Not doing well here am I

I think o2 cencers ar no all that , most of you think there the dogs bollocks

I think ebc hh are great ... you think there pants ...

At lest can we agree the evo is a great bike !!

P.s I think the rear shock is not that great but I haven't had my suspension set up

Black Bob
21-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Not doing well here am I

I think o2 cencers ar no all that , most of you think there the dogs bollocks

I think ebc hh are great ... you think there pants ...

At lest can we agree the evo is a great bike !!

P.s I think the rear shock is not that great but I haven't had my suspension set up

The EVO is an astonishing little bike - most fun thing I've owned.

The O2 sensor eliminators that I fitted cured 95% of the lumpiness - on part throttle it is like I've had balancer shafts fitted in the engine. I am sure that the eliminators are the same in every case, so to say that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't is missing the point. More likely is that the problem they solve is not the same on every bike. I am sure that the map that the bike leaves the factory with has changed over time... sometimes they improve, sometimes they get worse.

If your rear shock is anything like mine, it is an horrible piece of junk and you won't be able to dial it in. Although you have said you're a big lad so maybe you'll be in luck - the spring was way to hard for me and there's no compression damping adjustment.

Cobra88
21-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi Mate

I'm sorry
I wasn't trying to upset you mate.
EBC HH Pads are great (I just didn't like them on my Evo)
it depends how you like the brakes to feel and I don't like grabby brakes personally :)

it's weird about the O2 sensor eliminators but there a few M1100 Evos out there that run nicely without needing the plugs ;)

Regards
Rick

beds748
21-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi Mate

I'm sorry
I wasn't trying to upset you mate.
EBC HH Pads are great (I just didn't like them on my Evo)
it depends how you like the brakes to feel and I don't like grabby brakes personally :)

it's weird about the O2 sensor eliminators but there a few M1100 Evos out there that run nicely without needing the plugs ;)

Regards
Rick

Was joking bud , no offence taken and hopefully none given

Every rider and every bike is different but do love the torque of this thing , overtaking is so easy . Definitely a brilliant road bike

But your right about ebc hh pads , they do have harsh bite . But I do like that and its a bit like my old zx6r brakes

beds748
21-10-2013, 03:50 PM
My bike , bit of a rainy day though

beds748
21-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Another picture

rollo22
21-10-2013, 05:22 PM
The full race Termi ECU over rides the O2 sensors.
It does on mine at least.
The fuel air ratio was also on the lean side with the race ECU as a standard fit.All sorted now.

wezrvf
21-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I thought red Evos had the red frame ??

Cobra88
21-10-2013, 07:54 PM
I thought red Evos had the red frame ??

the 20th anniversary evo has gold frame ;)

wezrvf
21-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Aahhhhh, looks swell :)

Nev
22-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I did even better, got a Termi full system (headers, hi level link pipes and Titanium cans) for £250 cos the seller hadn't listed it properly and then couldn't cancel it because I had bid and there were <12 hours left!

It was on here

Jammy Fu###rs ! Well done lads i never find deals like that. Seriously need to up my bargain hunting game...

Nev
22-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Very nice....