PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Bounds - London City Bike Ride Sun 13th

MerlinPV12
09-10-2013, 08:16 PM
There is bike ride through the city on Sunday, its to benefit The Lord Mayors appeal. More info can be found at www.citybikers.co.uk you can register online or just turn up on the day.
Cheers
Mike

Dirty
09-10-2013, 10:29 PM
I saw something about this the other day. Looks ok. Said they expect 100 bikes and they'll be shutting streets to allow it to pass. Don't think you can turn up on the day though. You have to register to get a wristband and take part. I'm tempted.

Dirty
09-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Oh, and clicking through the registration reveals it costs £23!

As Duncan Bannatyne would say 'I'm out!'

Sirc
10-10-2013, 11:29 AM
if this is a run that covers roads that already have public access then there is nothing wrong with turning up on the day :)

Dirty
10-10-2013, 11:43 AM
if this is a run that covers roads that already have public access then there is nothing wrong with turning up on the day :)

Technically correct but they are closing the roads for the run. The Mayor is leading the procession and the police will be 'making sure everyone has fun' :) no reason why you can't follow behind as they reopen the roads of course. Probably be police bikes doing that bit :running:

Wildfire
10-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Any link to what roads will be closed? I've got to get to Blackfriars Sunday!

Sirc
10-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Technically correct but they are closing the roads for the run. The Mayor is leading the procession and the police will be 'making sure everyone has fun' :) no reason why you can't follow behind as they reopen the roads of course. Probably be police bikes doing that bit :running:

From past experience organisers/marshalls don't always have the time to check everyone for validity and all get hurded in together. (tsk tsk)

Dirty
10-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Any link to what roads will be closed? I've got to get to Blackfriars Sunday!

You should be alright, just! Expect traffic.

Gresham Street to Aldersgate Street via St Martin's Le Grand, Newgate Street, Old Bailey, Limeburner Lane, Ludgate Hill, St Pauls Churchyard, New Change, Cheapside, Poultry, Bank Junction, Threadneedle Street, Old Broad Street, Wormwood Street and London Wall

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/events/

From past experience organisers/marshalls don't always have the time to check everyone for validity and all get hurded in together. (tsk tsk)

Ha ha, yes that's true often. Could be the case here as well however it is the 'city of London' and includes the Mayor, various lackys and toadys, Guildhall and Guildhall yard. They can be a bit funny about security round there for some reason!

pompone
10-10-2013, 04:59 PM
23 quid for 2.5 mile?!?!?!

Wildfire
10-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Hmmm.... If the weather is ok, I'll take the Monster. I was going to take the car, but I can't be done with hours of travel to go 15 miles.

Dirty
11-10-2013, 12:46 AM
23 quid for 2.5 mile?!?!?!

Must be what driving a Hummer is like!