PDA

View Full Version : Another 1100 EVO!

MerlinPV12
09-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Hi all,
Have just 300 miles on a new 1100 Evo and loved every one of them. Looking forward to many more and TT 2014!
Cheers
Mike

Albie
09-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi Mike and welcome from 1100s owner. Went to the TT this year with 3 other members plus met up with some more from here too. Going to classic next year though. Big meet at Box Hill in Surrey on 27th October with magazine and shoot so come along with us and make it BIG !.

Dirty
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Yay welcome, pics please or it didn't happen :)

MerlinPV12
09-10-2013, 09:08 PM
A few Rizoma bits to go on at first serivice, then I think I'm done with mods!

(hopefully pic attached?)

Dirty
09-10-2013, 10:24 PM
A few Rizoma bits to go on at first serivice, then I think I'm done with mods!

(hopefully pic attached?)

Hahaha heard that so many times, including out of my own mouth!

It's a pretty one :)

Black Bob
09-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Welcome!

I do rather like the Evo. You've chosen well.

Other mods worth doing - drop a tooth on front sprocket and, if the bike appears to fuel poorly low down, consider trying the O2 sensor eliminators - a cheap reversible mod which is the last thing I'd take off mine now.

Oh, actually i lied - my Nitron rear shock is the most essential mod for me. My rear shock was crap.

Enjoy piling on the miles! Mine's just clocked 7,200 since April.

Darren69
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh and a bellypan of course :)

J.P
10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the club. Plenty going on and around London with the club

MerlinPV12
10-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome, have been having a look around the forum and found some helpful info - not least from Black Bob re the O2 sensors. When I came back off the test drive and mentioned that I thought the bike had a low speed fuelling problem, the dealer just said "give it some beans". I've sort of got to grips with the clutch slipping to make it rideable, but its not the most rewarding way to ride! Will def give the eliminators a go.

I also find myself out of the seat a lot on London's crap roads as its pretty firm out of the box. Will let it bed in a bit before I start fiddling with pre load etc. But interested to hear if anyone else has found a replacement rear shock a big improvement?

Flip
10-10-2013, 11:07 PM
All Ducati's spring weights are way too hard for most people and if the new ones are anything like the older models they're probably set all over the place when you get it so worth at least checking it is on 'standard' settings.

Another essential mod in my book is to lower the gearing to something like it should be as again, they are all over-geared to get through the drive by noise tests (pretty much all bikes not just Ducati's) but I'm still surprised everyone (including Ducati) say to change down a tooth on the front sprocket- yes I know it's a little cheaper (especially if you have to pay someone to do it) and it is quicker to do but it is FAR better to go up on the rear as it doesn't compromise the clearance on the chain guide over the swing arm and as long as you only go up a couple of teeth (making roughly the same change to gearing) you won't need a longer chain.

Black Bob
11-10-2013, 06:36 AM
...FAR better to go up on the rear as it doesn't compromise the clearance on the chain guide over the swing arm and as long as you only go up a couple of teeth (making roughly the same change to gearing) you won't need a longer chain.

I'd agree. 14T front is very small too.