PDA

View Full Version : Invitation

Scottch
16-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi Guys,

As some of you may remember, I help with the Ducati Sporting Club in Scotland.

On January 31st we're planning a little get together at Ducati Glasgow just to put names to faces, have a blether, drink a few coffee's and sort out our plans for this years events.

If any of you would like to come along, then please drop me a line so that I can let Martin know how many of us to expect.

As before, this is not an attempt to poach members. I'm only trying to get Ducati riders in Scotland together. If we can do things together then it'll help share the organising.

Cheers!

Scott

CK & AK
16-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Well done Scott. Best of luck.
I hope you get as much support for this - as we do here in the darkest South East (Kent/ Surrey/ Sussex/ Hants/ Essex etc) - between the 2 clubs for occasional joint meets.

C

Scottch
16-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the kind wishes C, much appreciated!

Cheers!

Scott

DavidT
16-01-2004, 06:18 PM
Still too far in the future to say whether I would be able to make it, but hope you get a good turn-out.

David

John Munn
19-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Scottch

Would like to attend but I am working away that week maybe another time ?

Scottch
19-01-2004, 07:50 PM
John,

No worries mate, I'll keep you informed of any other futures meets.

In fact, for you and any others who may be interested, I have setup a yahoo group primarily to keep ideas flowing for ideas for meets, runs and for scottish ducati chat.

Again, this was never setup to rival any of the established e-mail groups / message boards, only to keep scottish ducati owners in touch on one group.

The address for the group is: Scottish_ducs (http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/scottish_ducs/)

Cheers!

Scott

BoozyBOB
20-01-2004, 12:29 AM
mmm...scottish members have thier own region events/message board here...we are on it...shame they dont use it to often so the other regions can see what they are up to and keep us informed off thier rides...
Happy Monstering

Scottch
20-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Bob,

If I'm wrong, then please accept my apologies in advance, but I think you've possibly misinterpreted my purpose.

The yahoo group is, while presently DSC focused, intended for the use of all scottish Ducati riders (not just monsters, or superbike) and, therefore, an easier way for anyone attempting to organise inter-club events to get in contact with this broad spectrum of owners in one place.

Like I said previously, my intention was never one of poaching members. Only one to try and ease and share the burden of anyone trying to organise Ducati focused events up here in Scotland, as I for one really do know how difficult it is.

If you feel the scottish forum here is being used ineffectively then I guess that's a matter for the management team / scottish area rep.

In fact, if the Scottish area rep would care to get in touch with me directly, I'd be more than happy to liase with them directly rather than step on anyones toes.

Cheers!

Scott

Para Handy
20-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Ok see you there on the 31st. On one condition no slagging off the wifes Kawa . Am not letting any salt near "my" baby

Para

Scottch
20-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Para,

No worries mate - if you're sacrificing the Kawa to preserve your Duc' then well done mate! Loving your work so far ;)

Cheers!

Scott

BoozyBOB
21-01-2004, 12:07 AM
no apology needed Scott...if you look at my events a few are with our local DSC...all i was commenting on was how quiet the Scotland forum had become...
keep up the events...(you never know i may join in with a ride in the summer)..
cheers

DavidT
21-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Well Para, welcome back on shore - you've surely been on an extended voyage. Either that or trouble with the boiler had left you marooned off Ailsa Craig.

David

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Glad to be back David, had a slight computer prob and had to wait till Santa fixed it. If Dougie was here he would tell you himself ;)

BTW Scottie what time for this meet

Para

Scottch
21-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Para,

1 PM onwards mate.

Anyone know who the Scottish area rep is?

Cheers!

Scott

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 08:17 PM
OOOps!!! Scottch

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Good question WHO is the rep ????

Scottch
21-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Para,

No worries mate, I've been called far worse!

In fact, I've been called far worse in the past 5 minutes!! lol

Is there a scottish area rep?

Cheers!

Scott

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Had a quick looksy in past few mins cant seem to find one ;(

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Now that I come to think of it I am not sure we had one to start with

CK & AK
21-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Just looked on the regions guys - and that has a tech prob at the mo, and there doesnt seem to be one listed on this section either!:eek:

Why not elect one - and ask Fatbloke if thats ok??:)

C

Scottch
21-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Maybe some one from the web team can help us out here and let us know?

Cheers!

Scott

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Here Scottch have I seen yr bike at the Carbeth Inn ?? (just had a look at yr web site)

Scottch
21-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Para,

Sorry mate, wasn't me.

Haven't had the bike out since it was carbonised (never got it back until November) and I'm too much of a jessie to take it out in the cold.

Cheers!

Scott

Para Handy
21-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Ahh in that case you have a doppelganger ;)

Para

Scottch
21-01-2004, 09:23 PM
LOL

I had one of those too but the wheels fell off.

Whats the script with the monster club in Scotland then peeps, what do you guys get up to in a year?

Cheers!

Scott

BoozyBOB
21-01-2004, 11:51 PM
looks like you are getting the Scots together for a ride out Scott...
you are the man to organise a meet..

Scottch
22-01-2004, 07:17 AM
Hiya Bob,

I don't mind helping out where I can, it would be great if we could liase with the Scottish rep, if / when there is one.

But, it's confession time. My Ducati isn't a monster, and, my other bike is soon to be a Tuono.

I'll get me coat! ;)

Seriously though, if there's anything we (Scottish DSC) can do to help Scots Monsterers then I know we'll do what we can.

Cheers!

Scott

Scottch
23-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Lo Peeps,

A wee update for ya's all.

Confirmed attendee's for our meet on the 31st at Ducati Glasgow.

Scott (me!)
Iain C.
Aund
Bill
Mark
David
Jane & Jim
Derek D.
Fraser
Kenny "para handy"
Derek B.
Allan

This is a cracking start to the year!

Cheers!

Scott

Para Handy
23-01-2004, 11:27 PM
At a predicted -14C Make sure the coffee is hot :)

Scottch
24-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Para,

It won't be that cold mate, god loves us you know! Thats why it never rains, the roads are always dry, the tarmac is always sticky and my medication never works :D

I'm sure the coffee will be hot enough. I'm just not sure if there will be enough coffee!! :p

Ah well, it could be worse. You could be an italian who is today having to sling his leg over a Yamaha!

Cheers!

Scott

Scottch
02-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Guys,

Our wee meet was champion! :D

A short write up and picture has been posted here (http://www.scottch.com/dsc/ducglasgow.htm)

I hope that we can get more of you along for our next meet at the Scottish Bike Show.

Kenny - no worries mate, next time for defo ;)
Dougie - Hope you had a good day, and I'll get to spend more time chatting at the next get together!

Cheers!

Scott

brewhaha
17-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry I havn't been in touch Scott, but my Mac was playing silly buggers! Good to meet fellow Ducatistas. I'll be at the Scottish Motorcycle Show on the Sunday so probably see you there.

Scottch
17-02-2004, 11:21 AM
No worries mate.

Glad you had a good time.

I hope the next time we meet I get more of an opportunity to blether!

Cheers!

Scott