PDA

View Full Version : Rant ....parts !!!!!!!

jerry
07-10-2013, 09:45 AM
been waiting 5 months for a clutch tab locking washer for my 1991 750ss... no ducati dealer had them in stock i went to 4 and called 5 others ,, ordered the part using the correct ducati part number from the microfiche at one well known south coast dealer ,, they ordered the part and supplied the wrong part 3 times ,,,and wont refund it as paid up front ok its only £1.80 , but thats ridiculous

now another well known london dealer finally has the correct one in stock but wants , £4.85 for the tab washer , and £6.95 postage .a brown envelope a a first class stamp for a WASHER !!!!!!! to send to Sussex ........RIPOFF

scrapps
07-10-2013, 12:04 PM
supply and demand comes to mind for the price of the washer total rip off for the carriage price.:eyepopping:

Wildfire
07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Let me know the stealer, I'll get it and post it down to you, or use it as an excuse to go on a bit of a run out.

Darren69
07-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Also why the steep price increase from 1.80 to 4.85 for the same item?

Dirty
07-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Let me know the stealer, I'll get it and post it down to you, or use it as an excuse to go on a bit of a run out.

You ride to Thailand often? :)

Wildfire
07-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Thailand? His location says Brighton! ;) I can get to Sussex. It would be longest, "I'm just popping out to get a tiny part for the bike dear." ever!

wezrvf
07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
haha.

I am sure a helpful soul on here will pick it up and post it out for you !!

I live in Manchester 10 mins away from Ducati so if Ducati Manchester have one, you can order it and i will pop in and get it and post it out to you. Saying that, i have been waiting over a month for the little bit of foil that sticks to the plastic under the seat to deflect the heat from the exhaust.

I think the waiting time can be passed off as character...............or not :)

Dirty
07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Thailand? His location says Brighton! ;) I can get to Sussex. It would be longest, "I'm just popping out to get a tiny part for the bike dear." ever!

Come on it would be an adventure, I'd love to do it!

I believe he gets stuff forwarded via Brighton so you are off the hook for now :)

jerry
07-10-2013, 05:00 PM

im in brighton at the mo,, monny 750 & 750ss are in brighton

S4 and m900 in pattaya ,M900 is a bodgit project got it cheap but its a non runner

Wildfire
07-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Jerry, I'm around this week, if you need me to pick it up and get it to you, let me know.

jerry
08-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Jerry, I'm around this week, if you need me to pick it up and get it to you, let me know.

Thanks ,, actually can run up to Protwins as i have to drop my wife and daughter off at Gatwick tommorow anyway ,,,, need some other stuff for a mate in thailand so have to take the cart

the other incompetant dealer was CMW !!!! 3 times the wrong part even when given the correct part code ?????

cheers jerry

Wildfire
08-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Protwins are really good, they've helped me out with great advice. Not the cheapest for parts though.. I think they quoted me £36 for a rose joint! They're about 8 miles from my folks house if you ever need anything.

pompone
08-10-2013, 01:01 PM
I know is not helping in this instance but quoting parts number doesn't always help as parts get superseeded and regrouped all under the new part number, leading to mistakes.

Ducmon
08-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi Jerry,

how is everything treating you now? Everything is all right here I am still do the renovations on my old school but the geust room is now finished, so if you want to come over some time you would be welcome.

David

jerry
08-10-2013, 07:51 PM
DUCMON , i am doing OK ,, busy with work and flitting between thailand ,UK , work places all over ,,,would love to go to Berlin if i had some free time might have to go on Qeasy jet ???

cheers jerry

SunEye
08-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks ,, actually can run up to Protwins as i have to drop my wife and daughter off at Gatwick tommorow anyway ,,,, need some other stuff for a mate in thailand so have to take the cart

the other incompetant dealer was CMW !!!! 3 times the wrong part even when given the correct part code ?????

cheers jerry
I must admit that I wouldn't trust CMW to do anything. As for Pro Twins I'll have a chat with Pete when I see him in a couple of weeks. I'll see if there is a rational explanation for the cost of the part and the postage charge. Maybe the extra cost is to cover for the free tea and coffee I get when I go there ;)

jerry
09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I must admit that I wouldn't trust CMW to do anything. As for Pro Twins I'll have a chat with Pete when I see him in a couple of weeks. I'll see if there is a rational explanation for the cost of the part and the postage charge. Maybe the extra cost is to cover for the free tea and coffee I get when I go there ;)

dropped in amd saw Pete today and cost of part dropped to £2.25 as he had priced it wrong from the parts list ...postage costs well he said it takes time to organise postage ...hmmm

maybe i have time to fit it friday and get the 750ss back on the road ,,,