PDA

View Full Version : Lincs

pooh
15-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Looking out of the window at the rain and generally crap weather it is hard to beleive in only a few short months time hopefully things will be more like riding weather. Unlike last year I am hoping more of the Lincolnshire monster owners will make an effort to meet up so we can have a chin wag and a bimble out. Suggestions from last year included a run up to Squires at Sherburn to meet up with some of the Yorkshire crew or even head south and see who is down there. Is there anybody from this area going to the Monster Weekend, take it from me it was brilliant last year and I am looking forward to this year.

Any suggestions for runs or even were to meet up will be gratefully accepted. I would like to have a meet on an evening when the nights pull out as well if possible as I know some people find it difficuilt to get away from DIY / childminding duties on a sunday.

Regards

Ian

Tommo S4
28-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Please let me know if anything comes up in April. I'll be in Nocton for most of the month and for a few days in May from Germany and would love to have a few rides around the Lincs area. Dunno the area all that well, except for the Lincoln to Skegness road and Bardney Bends, so any new routes will be helpful. I'm sure her indoors would like a change of scenery too!

pooh
28-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Steve
keep an eye on this section nearer the time but if there is'nt anything happening I am always up for a ride out and i know some great roads out around the lincs area. Are you working at Nocton or staying there on holiday. I used to go up to Digby quite regularly so know my way from Grimsby.

Ian

Julie
19-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I met steve and his brother in law last year and they are nice fellas.

Hope to see you again soon

Julie and Ruth

Kev Bunney
19-02-2004, 06:19 PM
We could do a Lincs meets Leices at good old Skeggy !

Julie
19-02-2004, 06:20 PM
nice one kev.

It was Pooh who told Mand about the monsters club when she was in skeggy on her monster...do you remember pooh?

pooh
19-02-2004, 08:37 PM
I do remember seem to recollect it was a nice shiny 620 if my memory serves but can,t remember what the dodgy guy with her was riding so cant have been anything good.

Ian

pooh
19-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Kev
seems good to me meet for a brew then go and ride some of the local roads back for tea and home to bed

Ian

sage
21-02-2004, 04:59 PM
HI ALL JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THER IS ANOTHER MONSTER OWNER IN LINCOLN

Mand
21-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Pooh. The dodgy geezer with me was my other half, he rode a Bandit then. He may not be a Monster rider but he has a heart of gold!!!

pooh
21-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Only kidding Mand nice to hear from you, I ride with the uniniciated all the time but you do have to feel sorry for them though. Are we likely to see you when Kev's lot ride to Skeg when the weather warms up?

Ian

NewMon
21-02-2004, 11:20 PM
I'll be up for a run up to Lincoln & environs...

I read the first post and thought "There's been plenty of great biking days in Feb". But then I thought, "for shortish journeys anyway."

So see you springtime...

Pete

pooh
22-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Pete
I did a run from Grimsby to Hull about 35 miles each way yesterday and even with a lined fabric suit on it was bloody cold. The sun is out at the moment but the wind is cold.

Next time we meet up it will be nice to see you.

Ian

Mand
22-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Pooh, too right you will see us again! Just need the weather to be warmer, really felt the cold today!!

May even paddle my boots in the sea!

:D

sidrat
26-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Sitting in south lincolnshire waiting for the weather to improve, ready for a ride out just about any time

pooh
27-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Keith
will be nice to see you, you will have to head up my end cos the roads round your way are all too straight, only kidding we will have to meet up sometime. Do you go to Willingham woods?

Ian