PDA

View Full Version : GPR Powercone M1100evo

SunEye
02-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Following on from Dandanfings purchase of the GPR Deeptone double for his evo I have gone and bought a GPR Powercone for mine. I just couldn't resist it. I think it looks good even though the angle it is at is not in line with anything on the bike. It is also almost out of the way of the rear wheel which I think looks good. It should be fitted and ready to make some noise by the 27th October at Box Hill.
http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/ProductImages/fullsize/monsterevo_1100_powercone_full(600_x_450).jpg
I'm also removing the pillion peg hangers and just having an Evotech exhaust hanger.
http://www.listingfactoryhost.com/users/mcmotorcycleparts/eBayAuctions/monster1100evoexhaust/images/DSC01790_1242_large.jpeg

Albie
02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice one dude. Jealous of the EVO

slob
02-10-2013, 04:55 PM
It's going to make your ears bleed :-D

SunEye
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
It's going to make your ears bleed :-D
I ran my M1100 with unbaffled Termis, so loud is fine with me, although I know that the GPR is a different type of loud. I wear ear plugs which give 30dB of noise reduction so I need my exhaust to be loud ;)

Fatal
02-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Anything that shows off the single side swingarm / wheel works for me

SunEye
24-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Picked up the bike from Pro Twins today after having a service. At the same time they fitted the GPR exhaust. With the baffle in it is not offensively loud. In fact it's quite inoffensive. Louder than the stock exhaust, but far far quieter than unbaffled Termis. At least I won't upset the neighbours. As far as the sound goes I'd say that it is quite a pleasant sound, rather like the stock exhaust when you're giving it some, but it's like that all the time. I am very pleased with it. I'll take the baffle out at some point just to see how obnoxious it can be.

Dandanfings
24-10-2013, 08:28 PM
cool, i nearly bought the powercone also.
Did it come with 2 sets of baffles or just the one?

I love my GPR exhaust, a really good alternative to the Termis.

SunEye
24-10-2013, 09:22 PM
It came with two sets of baffles. One goes in the open end of the can. This is the one that I have in. The other goes in the end of the can that attaches to the pipework, but Pro Twins did not fit this one because they said that there was no way to secure it to stop it rattling around.

Dandanfings
25-10-2013, 01:33 PM
It came with two sets of baffles. One goes in the open end of the can. This is the one that I have in. The other goes in the end of the can that attaches to the pipework, but Pro Twins did not fit this one because they said that there was no way to secure it to stop it rattling around.

ahh interesting as i have 2 of those and only one rattles, the other fits schnuggly.
When i fitted both mine i found the bike even louder though.... :confused:

Akita Boy
25-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Couldn't agree more

Black Bob
25-10-2013, 08:01 PM

What he said.

bazread
25-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi Suneye,

I have removed my rear foot pegs as well, what are you doing with the holes on the non exhaust side where the foot peg used to be?

The exhaust looks great by the way!!

Baz.