PDA

View Full Version : New 1100 EVO Owner

mattyfish16
24-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi,

So I bought my first ducati..... a 1198s..... I know what you are thinking, this is a ducati monster forum... however my story continues. The 1198s is an outstanding machine, a born and bred racer... and that's the problem... its a racer. You need to go a billion miles an hour to get enjoyment out of the damn thing otherwise you get pain, as she doesn't like going slow, at all....

So I swapped it for a spanking new 1100EVO, with full termi kit, ECU and Race filter.... what a machine. Just nudging over 400 miles now and you can feel the engine easing itself into submission. A nimble quick machine, and one that gets better by the mile, a smile that dons the face far sooner that on the 1198s.... that machine makes sense on the track, but the monster, 9/10 times, makes sense on the road.

Am I saying the EVO is a better bike.... technically no, for sheer power and performance, the 1198s wins hands down, but for fun factor, you cant beat the comfort and controllability of the monster. By far the best bike ive ridden... the GF has also just ordered a 696..... great... (LOL)

Work hard, play hard.... im 26 years old, and just love riding. Any questions, just ask away...

Matt

J.P
24-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Morning Matt and welcome to the club.
Great bike and you're right, for the road it's brilliant it is also fun on the track too.

If there's any help or advice you need just let us know.

mattyfish16
24-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Thank you... ive never tracked a bike to be fair... but have always wanted to give it a blast....

Thanks again, im looking forward to mithering the hell out of everyone for advice, tips etc....

J.P
24-09-2013, 08:56 AM
There are quite a few of us Monster owners that do track the bikes, some with track bikes, and most like me that ride there, track it and ride home. Easily done.

mattyfish16
24-09-2013, 08:58 AM
And there goes the light bulb.... I best keep this from the misses... she will want to track her 696 soon.... having said that she hasn't even passed her test and went on my recommendation for getting the 696.... its funny really, I test rode that for her, and ended up buying the bigger boy for myself having fell out of love for the 1198s..... good choice....

Albie
24-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Welcome along. I have an 1100s but evo possibly better all round. Still happy with mine though. Grin factor yes.

mattyfish16
24-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Yea you get the luxury of the ohlins.... always a nice sight on abike....

thanks for the message...

Albie
24-09-2013, 10:11 AM
They are too hard. Pretty though lol. You have the best all round. Lighter clutch low exhaust. Quieter clutch. Slipper clutch. Abs option.

J.P
24-09-2013, 10:11 AM
And in about 1 year's time you can have that 1198 motor in the Monster.....

mattyfish16
24-09-2013, 01:11 PM
And in about 1 year's time you can have that 1198 motor in the Monster.....

Yea I heard that..... I wonder how much more powerful this will be, and make me think should I have waited, however the dealer has said they will do me a cracking deal on a new one if I chose to go down that route...

we shall see, for now, its enough bike for me, its just pure greed isn't it for the want for something bigger.....

utopia
24-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi, and welcome.
I haven't actually ridden an evo, but I spent hours sitting on one at the nec show the year they came out, wearing the broadest grin imaginable.
Probably the most desirable, real world bike out there, in my opinion... (as long as its in black).
And as for trackdays, I reckon it can be as good, if not better, to ride a regular road bike rather than a more focussed trackie. You learn much more that has direct relevance to your road riding that way.

J.P
24-09-2013, 01:23 PM
The 1198 Monster will simply be a transplant of the motor that was in your old sportsbike and that's in my Multistrada. 150 bhp, but naked. :)

mattyfish16
24-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi, and welcome.
I haven't actually ridden an evo, but I spent hours sitting on one at the nec show the year they came out, wearing the broadest grin imaginable.
Probably the most desirable, real world bike out there, in my opinion... (as long as its in black).
And as for trackdays, I reckon it can be as good, if not better, to ride a regular road bike rather than a more focussed trackie. You learn much more that has direct relevance to your road riding that way.

Yea I would agree with that actually. I love to ride, and finding the style that suits me. Im user to thorough bred racers but this is a completely different sort of fun. Flickable fun, I cant wait for the engine to bed in so I can really see what this thing is capable of, it has the slipper and ABS so we shall see how well they actually work...

Its a beautiful bike.

J.P
24-09-2013, 02:24 PM
You can, under very aggressive downshifting get the rear to lock up still, I know, so be careful.

bazread
24-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Hello and welcome from another M1100evo owner, I used to have an 848 and think that the Monster is much more usable.

The most worthwhile mod I have made is fitting the O2 Sensor Eliminators, see the attached thread for details: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47415&highlight=sensor

tricky73
24-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Hello and Welcome

pompone
24-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi and welcome!

Bonzo
24-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Hi Matt

Bostin choice of bike mate :thumbsup:

Cobra88
25-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi Matt

I know what you mean about the Evo

I have owned much faster & better handling bikes and can't believe I am so happy with a bike with only 85 hp at the rear wheel.

But it just works for me in all situations.
only my KTM 690 SMC was this much fun :)

Dirty
25-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi welcome

Pictures please :)

mattyfish16
27-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Hello and welcome from another M1100evo owner, I used to have an 848 and think that the Monster is much more usable.

The most worthwhile mod I have made is fitting the O2 Sensor Eliminators, see the attached thread for details: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47415&highlight=sensor

Bazread,

Does this still work with the termis fitted at the factory, is it still worth doing?

bazread
29-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I have an SC Project Racing single exhaust and it has made the bike a lot less lumpy at low revs. Don't know what it would be like with termi's though - sorry.

Baz.

mattyfish16
01-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I was thinking about the 02 eliminators at the weekend whilst I was riding. Other than the thumping of the V-Twin, the revs idle fine around 2000. I have the race ECu and termis fitted, along with the filter... its obviously makes a difference however I haven't had the pleasure of testing one from standard. ITs booked in for its first service...

Boom... cant wait

boris
01-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Welcome fellow owner - another plus vote for the EVO Club. Just don't start looking for bits for it, kid = sweetie shop doesn't even come close :thumbsup:

mattyfish16
01-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome fellow owner - another plus vote for the EVO Club. Just don't start looking for bits for it, kid = sweetie shop doesn't even come close :thumbsup:

Ooops - too late... I need to reign myself in. Already taily tidied the little beaut which gives it slick lines, handbar ends, the termis are already fitted. Im thinking, remove rear footpegs, and possibly mini indicators s the next batch but we shall see....

the list is endless as you say....

wezrvf
01-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi matey, welcome. I am only in Manchester and have an Evo too. Loving it. Fitted ther Termi kit and love it. I have the 02 Eliminators sat there, may put them on but trust me. The standard bike runs awful under 3500 revs. You have not missed anything by not riding it standard.

Which tail tidy did you go for? Did you fit it yourself.

That is my next purchase. :)

mattyfish16
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi matey, welcome. I am only in Manchester and have an Evo too. Loving it. Fitted ther Termi kit and love it. I have the 02 Eliminators sat there, may put them on but trust me. The standard bike runs awful under 3500 revs. You have not missed anything by not riding it standard.

Which tail tidy did you go for? Did you fit it yourself.

That is my next purchase. :)

Ah only round the corner from me then, over in Warrington.... I do love the bike, its great and the termis sound fab on the overrun......

I bought a second hand Ducati Performance tail tidy, but it was a pain in the bottom to fit, whether I was dong something wrong or not I don't know but it just didn't seem to fit right and I had to fiddle with the indicator wiring... it got there in the end and does look great.

I don't want to put you off, is worth the effort, and just makes the back end look that bit sweeter even with the standard indicators on....

Worth giving it a go.

Nev
03-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi all,

Glad to hear its not just my bike thats rough below 3000 rpm, got myself a 12 plate M1100evo in black a few weeks back (gorgeous). Ordered a 14t sprocket for the front to smooth her out, hopefully sorts the problem If not wallets out - Termis on !

Anyone else have issues finding neutral only while engines running its driving me insane ?

I'm based in Manchester so if any local rideouts are being organised sign me up !

Dirty
03-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Hi all,

Glad to hear its not just my bike thats rough below 3000 rpm, got myself a 12 plate M1100evo in black a few weeks back (gorgeous). Ordered a 14t sprocket for the front to smooth her out, hopefully sorts the problem If not wallets out - Termis on !

Anyone else have issues finding neutral only while engines running its driving me insane ?

I'm based in Manchester so if any local rideouts are being organised sign me up !

From what I've read on the forum I'd imagine eliminator s would be the better choice for smoothing and as they are cheap you can get termis as well :)

Neutral finding seems to be an across the Ducati board issue. I think you learn the knack eventually

Nev
04-10-2013, 05:44 PM
From what I've read on the forum I'd imagine eliminator s would be the better choice for smoothing and as they are cheap you can get termis as well :)

Neutral finding seems to be an across the Ducati board issue. I think you learn the knack eventually

Are they a warranty deal breaker the O2 eliminators, I got the bike with a year left on Ducati warranty. Lots of people rate them but I'm imagining the bike records error codes from changes such as bypassing O2 sensors. Hmmmmm decisions decisions don't wanna screw up the remaining warranty in case something serious goes wrong. I think like people are recommending I just need to clock up some more miles on her and deal with it.... Dry weekend forecast for Manchester yippi :biggrin:

Dirty
04-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Are they a warranty deal breaker the O2 eliminators, I got the bike with a year left on Ducati warranty. Lots of people rate them but I'm imagining the bike records error codes from changes such as bypassing O2 sensors. Hmmmmm decisions decisions don't wanna screw up the remaining warranty in case something serious goes wrong. I think like people are recommending I just need to clock up some more miles on her and deal with it.... Dry weekend forecast for Manchester yippi :biggrin:

This thread mentions the warranty. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47847&highlight=Warranty+eliminators no guarantees of course but.....

Nev
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
This thread mentions the warranty. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47847&highlight=Warranty+eliminators no guarantees of course but.....

That's great info.

Cheers Dirty

mattyfish16
08-10-2013, 07:12 AM
So it didn't take me long.....

Yea I kinda had an epic spill on sat, with the exhaust taking the brunt. Front end went away, oil or dirt on the road... gutted, after coming back from the first service.

As you can see from my other posts, im looking for a couple of bits.

utopia
08-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear your news.
Hope you're ok.
Let me know if you still need that stand pin modifying ...I'm guessing you'll be needing to remove the rear wheel now.

Nev
08-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Hope your ok.

My pal came off his Sunday morning on route to mine exact same thing smashed exhaust fairing and bent brake pedal and lever. Luckily the bike took the hit and only his arse and pride was hurt.

Hope its an easy fix for you....

neilo
08-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear that...glad you're okay though...

mattyfish16
09-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear that...glad you're okay though...

Cheers pal... just the pride and the wallet that's hurting at the min

Cobra88
09-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Matt

That's bad news mate
Glad your ok though.

You got any pics of the header damage ?

mattyfish16
09-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Matt

That's bad news mate
Glad your ok though.

You got any pics of the header damage ?

No pics at the minute, I cant bare to look at her. Im getting some later so I will stick them on