620ie . What do I need to do regarding
the ecu will I need to re map or do any
thing else once I've changed them . Also
What are the best cans to get ?
Cheers
Mick

slob
23-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Assume you mean unbaffled cans. It should run okay but you should get it checked at some point by someone with the right equipment, especially if you've changed the air filter. Usual suspects for cans are Termignoni, Remus, Sil Motor, Leo Vince but there are plenty of others out there.

Jonno
27-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm looking at GPR or MIVV slip ons form my 1100, so far all the info says that no remapping is needed

Flip
27-09-2013, 08:41 PM
so far all the info says that no remapping is needed

Very true, but you have to remember that the manufacturers put a whacking great dip in the mid range either by leaning off the fuelling or retarding the ignition (or both on some bikes) and so any change which will happen from fitting free(er) breathing exhausts and air filters will only lean it off more and combined with the fact that the bikes are over geared anyway will only accentuate the 'dip' to varying degrees.

Fuel injected bikes will, to a point be able to compensate but it won't be perfect and should really be sorted properly.

Okay it's going to cost a bit more but it will be so worth it to make it how Ducati really wanted it to be.

Dukedesmo
27-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm looking at GPR or MIVV slip ons form my 1100, so far all the info says that no remapping is needed

Depends why you're changing them?

If you want more power then a remap is essential, if you're just after the noise maybe not so much, but it would be advisable to check/set the CO afterwards as freer flowing exhaust will make it run leaner.