PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations Please, Ipswich

BK56
21-09-2013, 06:01 PM
New to Ipswich and need to get my bike serviced, any recommendations would be much appreciated. Does anyone use Carl Harrison is he worth a visit or is there anybody a little closer I should be thinking of. Many thanks.

bluestoesonnose
21-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Very silly point may be, but why not do it yourself?

Shuffy
21-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I think Hellcat has used him and was very impressed. PM her to confirm.

slob
21-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Carl is fine and knows his stuff (as long as you're not still under warranty and want stamps in the book)

Grumpy
21-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Carl is an independent, if you would rather use a dealer, Parkinsons in Colchester are the best bet.
Speak to Martin.

BK56
21-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Many thanks, your replies they have been very useful. As for doing my own servicing, I have a new job that requires more time energy and attention than I have, a house that needs everything doing to it …and…. two demanding (some might say spoilt) daughters that need ferrying around most of the weekend. As the bike also needs an MOT, finding someone to do everything, seemed like a sensible solution.
I like independents and the days of needing stamps are now passed, so Carl might seem an obvious choice, however, I will bear Parkinson in mind, given their location they might be a more practical option. Thanks again

pte1643
23-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Can also recommend Carl Harrison.

He had a lovely 851 in there last weekend :heart: (was Sold though :( )

Just to add another piece to your local (ish) dealership puzzle knowledge...

There's also Seastar at Newton Flotman, they're a bit further away, but very easy to find as they are right on a A140 from Ippy to Norwich.

He11cat
23-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I use Carl he is a really knowledgable chap and no nonsence.
He is very honest and very professional.
Out of local people I like him as he's not rude and explains everything to people.
He is very reasonable in cost and a wealth of knowledge if you need something done or are looking for something.
A lot more to offer I have found ..
When I first got my Monster I asked a local dealer for a part and they were rude and unhelpful , did not give a toss.
Did my research and found Carl and find him a pleasure to deal with.