PDA

View Full Version : Rev limiter moster evo

wezrvf
15-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi guys,

My bike now has 4400 miles on it and have a couple of questions about the rev range:

Mine seems to cut in at 8200 rpm, I take it this is the max Ducati recommend after run in?

I am planning on getting the termi slip ons with ECU, will this ECU I crease the rev range?

Has anybody had their rev limiter increased, if so what to? OR does anybody know of any reason why it should just be left at 8200.

Any info or experiences will be great.

Cheers guys !!

Nickj
15-09-2013, 02:51 PM
The limiter on the standard ecu is probably set at around 8800 give or take a bit. It's always going to be a few hundred above the peak power revs so you ought to have hooked up a gear a few seconds earlier.
If you have the ecu to match the pipes then it could be flashed to be more or less whatever you want.
An alternative, one of many is the nemesis N7000 which also works with the standard clock set.

Dukedesmo
15-09-2013, 03:32 PM
There's probably nothing to be gained by raising it?

I have a programmable ignition with programmable rev limiter and shift lights on my 900. I set the limit at 9.5k (got to start somewhere?) and the shift lights at 9k but I've definitely not hit the limiter, other than on the dyno, and have never seen the shift lights flash either (I will set them to a more usable figure)

With peak power at a tad over 8k and the torque fading after 7k I find no gain in exceeding 8,000 and can make better progress shifting around 7.5k to drop back down into the 'meat' of the torque band.

Revving it too high is just going to wear it out quicker...

Flip
15-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Ride the torque wave doooood ...it's what they're all about.

Slow it down before the bend then wind it on and feel the bike dig in .... ya dig it?

wezrvf
15-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Cheers guys :)

Still getting use to the twin. Very helpful :)