PDA

View Full Version : rear sets m600

markgrff17
13-09-2013, 06:48 PM
hi there everyone

just another question to ask of all the experience ducati owners here. i am enjoying my first ducati experience but one thing i dont like about my monster is the riders foot rest arrangement. i have high level arrow cans fitted so no longer need the brackets to support the original exhausts. has anyone out there fitted foot rests from another ducati to improve the look of the machine? ( i do not carry a pillion so no need for rear foot rests)

many thanks....... mark

Yorkie
13-09-2013, 07:23 PM
These would look good, all you would need is an in-line pressure switch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-900-Monster-Race-Track-Day-Rearsets-93-2000-/271272391138?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f291831e2

Yorkie

Mark Shelley
13-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Don`t forget that you will need a seat cowl for MOT time as if a pillion seat is on show the pillion footrests must be fitted.

Flip
13-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I was going to post the same link!!

I don't know why he's listed them solely for the 900 as they're all the same fitment for the earlier bikes.

As Yorkie say's you'll just need to fit a hydraulic brake light switch which are around £15.00 (and bleed the back brake obviously). There's loads of them on eBay but I can't remember off the top of my head whether you need a 1.00mm or a 1.25mm thread pitch into the rear master cylinder (Slob????).

One thing you'll notice other than more ground clearance and a nicer foot position is a much more positive gear change.

Oh! and if you do go for them, leave a little bit of slack in the rear brake when setting up as when it gets warm the fluid expands and if there's no slack it'll cause the brake to bind on.

pompone
13-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Clankie was really happy with the set I got him..
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=46696&highlight=rearsets&page=2

pompone
13-09-2013, 09:23 PM
there's loads of them on ebay but i can't remember off the top of my head whether you need a 1.00mm or a 1.25mm thread pitch into the rear master cylinder (slob????).

10x1.00.......

clankie
14-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Yeah really happy with them max .they have made a lot of difference to the bike so would highly recommend them .

Darren69
14-09-2013, 09:34 AM
The Race Products ones are basic but they work ok, non adjustable but good value. I had some on my S4 when I bought it. I think the DesmoPerformance ones look much better/nicer. Or you could get some fancy adjustable jobbies? Depends on your budget I suppose?

Darren69
14-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Anyone remember Swap Shop? Maybe you could come to some arrangement with Nikburgess?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=48064

markgrff17
14-09-2013, 07:53 PM
hi

thanks for all the advice on this subject. your input has made up my mind to move forward with this change. ive also dropped on a raask jota handle bar im thinking of fitting to further improve the riding position!!!

cheers............. mark

Darren69
15-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Hi Mark, I think jota bars will look good on the monster and can be adjusted pretty much to suit, I'm surprised more folk don't fit them. I get on with them on my Lav and if I had the choice that would probably be what I'd go for the monster too, but traditional bars don't fit the s4 without changing the top clamp so I went with clip on risers in the end. I found that the bike handled much better with more weight over the front too.

Dirty
15-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Mmm those jota bars look interesting......

utopia
15-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Jota type bars look useful at first sight, but it always seems to me that the clutter of the adjustment arrangement makes the end result a bit messy looking, and possibly also a little wider than necessary.
I reckon that, while adjustable bars might be useful to find the most suitable layout initially, its then better to replicate that with a set of fixed bars for longer term use.
I have rearsets on my 750, and I'm currently using Renthal ultra-low bars which, despite the name, are almost exactly the same pattern as the std bars ...maybe a fraction lower but you'd hardly notice.
Over the winter I'm considering fitting a set of Renthal flat bars. These can interfere with the fork-top adjusters on bikes which have such adjustment, but on bikes with the more basic forks there looks to be plenty of clearance.

Flip
15-09-2013, 03:14 PM
The trouble with Jota bars is they really need one of these attached to them......

clankie
15-09-2013, 03:19 PM
I fitted renthal bars to mine they are a little bit taller than the standard bars . I find them really comfy especially on a long run .

Darren69
16-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Or one of these. :)

If you can get them for a sensible price, try them and see how you get on with them. If don't like them and they're the Raask ones I may be interested as I went with reproduction ones at the time

Dukedesmo
16-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Over the winter I'm considering fitting a set of Renthal flat bars. These can interfere with the fork-top adjusters on bikes which have such adjustment, but on bikes with the more basic forks there looks to be plenty of clearance.

I've got Renthal flat bars on the M900, needed to fit an extra (30mm) bar riser bracket to give me enough clearance for adjustable (916) forks.

I tried Renthal low (or ultra low?) without the extra riser but they wouldn't fit, however the flat bars with the riser give around the same overall height but with better fork clearance.

FYI with the extra 30mm riser, I have 55mm clearance between the base of the bar and the 'proud' part of the top yoke that the fork fits through, so without the extra riser; 25mm clearance - is that enough to clear the fork tops?

My forks are a minimum (on lowest position) of 40mm proud of the yoke top but I have them at around 45mm (1st ring showing) at the moment.