PDA

View Full Version : Installing O2 sensor eliminator

wezrvf
10-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey,

I have bought these from eBay and should have them any day now.

Is there anything online that shows how to install them to an 1100'evo? Not even sure what I am looking for.

Is there any downside to installing these at all?

Any help will be great.

Cheers

jonzi
10-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Try this (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47415) thread

wezrvf
10-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Great thanks. Hopefully I will find them off the pic.

Not sure what it looks like

Cheers !!

jonzi
11-09-2013, 05:59 PM
What are the benefits of these things anyway?

wezrvf
11-09-2013, 06:05 PM
I have been told and read a lot about how they really smooth out the ride below 4k.

I know a lot of guys on here have fitted them who raced about how great they worked.

Might be nice to have an date from the guys on here after having them on for. While !!

Speak up everyone ;)

magiolla
11-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Fitted a set last week and am well pleased with the results.Bike is alot easier to ride around town.Can now do 30mph in 3rd gear with no having to slip the clutch.Dont worry about fitting them.The shape of the eliminators means they can only fit into the O2 sensors and not any other connectors,

wezrvf
11-09-2013, 07:04 PM
:) nice !!

Can't wait to get them on

SunEye
16-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Fitted mine yesterday. I am not ashamed to say that I required help from a friend who is much more experienced than me at spanner wielding.

The front sensor connector is behind the fuse box. I managed to unclip the fuse box :) so I could get to the sensor connector. However I could not get the connector off its mounting or disconnected - my friend did that for me.

The rear sensor connector is in a recess on the inside of the rear subframe (right hand side as you sit on the bike). It was impossible to get to without unbolting the tank, sliding it out of its mountings and lifting the back of the tank up and to the left. Again the assistance of a friend was greatly appreciated. Then it was easy to snip some cable ties, disconnect the connector and fit the sensor eliminator.

wezrvf
16-09-2013, 09:36 AM
haha, it sounds like you are as apt as me and this kind of stuff !!

I will have a crack, what can go wrong.............?

And have you ridden the bike since fitting ?

SunEye
16-09-2013, 11:45 AM
have you ridden the bike since fitting ?
I rode 30 miles on it last night and I have written my thoughts about the change to the bike's behaviour in this thread (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47415&page=3).