PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sponsorship !!!

slob
31-08-2013, 03:51 PM
okay, not a Monster but still a Ducati...

if any of you were at the Brands trackday last Tuesday you may remember young Connor, 17 years old and going round devastatingly fast on Alan's 1098R.
Not that anyone was timing but a consistent 49 second lap with used tyres on a bike he'd never ridden before!

He's not even quite 18 so finding it very hard to finance a start in racing. Alan is able to provide a bike and support but Connor's still £700-1000 (travel, tyres, fuel & entry) short of being able to enter the King of Brands at next weekend's Hottrax meeting (which includes a DesmoDue round)

If anyone on here runs a company that would like sponsor a rising talent, for one event or the longer term with Knight Road Racing please PM CK&AK on this forum or let me know and I'll help you get in touch

...or of course we could crowdfund it between us and stick UKMOC stickers on the bike :-D

CK & AK
31-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Cheers Slob, anything anyone can spare would be most helpful - this lad has serious talent :cool:

CK

Darkness
31-08-2013, 06:05 PM
okay, not a Monster but still a Ducati...

...or of course we could crowdfund it between us and stick UKMOC stickers on the bike :-D

That's not a bad idea Rob. ....how big would each slice need to be?

BigOz
31-08-2013, 06:58 PM
It was impressive to watch him go round, I may be able to chip in a little.

gary tompkins
31-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Yep.. same here

Planning to be at Brands to watch this meeting

CK & AK
31-08-2013, 08:12 PM
1st we need to get him entered (about £200), then we can sort out tyres & fuel next week....
Entries need to be in shortly tho

alan c
31-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I am up for that as well !

Can we pay into an account ??

I am sure any amount will help !

gary tompkins
31-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Any link to a paypal account available for donations CK?

I'm happy to pay towards fuel costs

CK & AK
01-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the offers of help,sound great,we have a race account so if pm is sent we will give details
.Briliant stuff from UKMOC members
Alan

alan c
01-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Come on Guys and Girls, lets get Conner out racing at Brands :flag:

CK & AK
01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Many many thanks :)

So far we now have enough donated to the account & promised by PM for the entry fee :)

Now we need to crack on with tyres & fuel, looking good :)

Albie
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
PM sent Guys

CK & AK
01-09-2013, 09:04 PM
PM responded to Albie :)

'If' this doesn't come off, we WILL refund all monies to everyone.

So far we have entries & 50% of the possible fuel.

Tyres are the biggie tho....... 2 rears & 1 front prob needed (2 x 18 lap races)
1 front & 2 rear prob needed - slicks (190/55/17 rear & 120/70/17 front) got to last 2 x 18 lapper races, anyone got any contacts/sponsorship?

slob
02-09-2013, 06:48 AM
If every view of this thread had raised a fiver he'd be in by now ;-)

CK & AK
02-09-2013, 06:56 AM
If every view of this thread had raised a fiver he'd be in by now ;-)

Lol Slob, not everyone wants (or indeed is able) to be involved in racing.
The support has been tremendous from here so far. Have got 2 of the pledges into the bank (many thanks). Anyone else who requested bank details & hasn't got them, do let us know

We WILL be carrying UKMOC stickers on the bike - and any others that those who offer to pledge, can send us.

Happy for anyone to bring family up to sit children on the bike during a break in proceedings - for photos etc :)

CK & AK
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
*update*
Have sent out bank details to all those who asked & pledged.
Can you pop the money across as have had just 2 in so far (yesterday) & would be great to add up the sums :)

If you haven't told us how much you are sending, perhaps you can let us know as we have to make the final decision tonight - thanks so much for the PM's in today :)

Darkness
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
It's on it's way, plus PM with amount.

:spin::spin:

CK & AK
02-09-2013, 07:05 PM
It's on it's way, plus PM with amount.

:spin::spin:

Thnak you kindly :)

CK & AK
02-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Brilliant news:

Donations already arrived in from:
Alan C
Slob
MurrayMint
Albie
Pompone
MrsC_272
BK56
jonzi
Darkness
BigOz
AndyC_772
GaryT
Craigie

Bluddy brilliant! :D :spin:

gary tompkins
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Brilliant news:

Donations already arrived in from:
Alan C
Slob
MurrayMint
Albie
Pompone
MrsC_272

Pledged finances still to come from:
GaryT
jonzi (on its way)
BK56
DseeRed
Darkness
BigOz

Thanks all - if the above comes in, then we are definately all systems go & will be on the grid on the bike as entry covered, fuel & 2 tyres so far :)
Just needing to get in a bit more for the additional 2 tyres needed - we are on a roll tho :spin: thanks all, we really appreciate all your help :)

Bluddy brilliant! :D :spin:

May be a few days before I can get into bank to transfer cash

But I'll get it done ASAP

Kato
03-09-2013, 06:17 AM
WOW what a brilliant club effort to get young Conner on the grid, I spoke with AK last night and he is blown away by the response from you lot, trust me it’s not often he's lost for words!!!!!!

This is shaping up to be a great weekends racing with the line up looking like this

ACU Endurance, Ducati Desmo Due A and B, MotoGrande, Michelin Power Cup, Maxitwin, Modern Classic 400/250, Modern Classic Superbikes and MotoSolo Allcomers

Let’s hope the sun is shining

CK & AK
03-09-2013, 06:20 AM
May be a few days before I can get into bank to transfer cash

But I'll get it done ASAP

Cheers GT :spin:

CK & AK
03-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Updated :)

As of tonight we have £500 actually in the bank - so the £200 entry has been done :D
We still need a little more as tyres are approx £470 for the front & 2 rears, but will keep plugging for them.......
Fuel is about £50 for the 2 races & qualifying.

Garage 29 is where you will find the bike, Connor & AK on Sunday (and from late sat night)

To those who have kindly donated, if you are able to go along, please do identify yourself to AK & Connor (AK is getting old, he is rubbish with names :thumbsdown: )
Happy for you to climb on the bike for photo's, pop the kids on etc - but do ask 1st ;) - just in case its needing last min fettling before going out on track :on:
If you haven't donated - still pop in & shout :D

The provisional timetable is: Qualifying at 11.20, race 1 (race 14) at 1.35 & race 2 (race 22) at 4.58pm - both races are 18 lappers. Obviously timing is provisional at present.
Track time starts at 10am withwarm up & the 1st race of the day starts at 11.40, with race 9 (the previous races 1-8 will be on the Sat)

Thanks SO much for your support, we are really blown away by this - and if there is anyone out there who would like to add, please drop us a PM :)

Albie
03-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Very pleased you gone and done it. Will I have to pay to POP in late with the other half or pay entry if we have some free time to say Hello again. Its an age since I saw you both together. But said Hi to Al on the Tuesday.

alan c
03-09-2013, 07:08 PM
That's great news Alan, hope Conner and the whole team have a great day.
Pity I cannot make it, please post up report.

AndyC_772
03-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Just spotted this thread and more than happy to chip in for tyres :)

If the weather's OK at the weekend I might even come along with my camera, see you then.

CK & AK
03-09-2013, 09:01 PM
OMG - another £100 in since I last checked earlier this evening! :spin:
Thanks SO much guys, this is absolutely brilliant! :spin::spin:

Now got only about another £100 to find for the final balance of the tyres/fuel (If my sums are right, CK) :o
AK has been told by someone tonight who said he might be able to make up any balance needed once the last squids come in.

Fingers xx'd everyone - all systems go for the 1098R, 180+ rwbhp with 96ft lb torque & young Connor on the bars - out for the ride of his year!

AK will also take the RS - 196rwbhp & 101ft lb torque, but superlightened - 15 kilo's lighter than the R, but this is just going for decoration/spares if needed - as its not just a 'jump on & go bike' & will need tracktime to be got used to......

THanks SO much everyone - you are truely wonderful :drunk: :spin:
Write up WILL be done & photos attached too :)

CK & AK
04-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Sponsorship update - £660 in the bank as of tonight!
Brilliant news!:spin: :spin: :spin:
So, entries covered, tyres covered (as long as we use 1 front & 2 rear) and almost all the fuel - you guys are amazing, thanks ALL so much
- and for the messages of support :hail::hail:

Connor is feeling a bit daunted :o & desperately hopes he does you proud, fingers xx'd it stays dry on the day
(and also that the likes of Hudson Kennaugh dont stay on from the Sat!

:cool:

Albie
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Great news. Hope he stays cool. Go Connor .............................

alan c
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Sponsorship update - £660 in the bank as of tonight!
Brilliant news!:spin: :spin: :spin:
So, entries covered, tyres covered (as long as we use 1 front & 2 rear) and almost all the fuel - you guys are amazing, thanks ALL so much
- and for the messages of support :hail::hail:

Connor is feeling a bit daunted :o & desperately hopes he does you proud, fingers xx'd it stays dry on the day
(and also that the likes of Hudson Kennaugh dont stay on from the Sat!

:cool:

That's great news CK, tell Conner to just enjoy ! Hope it stays dry for you all.

gary tompkins
04-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Great news - see you Sunday afternoon

CK & AK
05-09-2013, 11:41 AM
A huge huge thanks to the following:

Alan C
Slob
MurrayMint
Albie
Pompone
MrsC_272
BK56
jonzi
Darkness
BigOz
AndyC_772
GaryT
Craigie
Dseered

For 'crowd funding' and getting the lads out :cool:

utopia
05-09-2013, 12:59 PM
This thread has been a delight to read.
Well done everyone for chipping in.
Unfortunately I'm too skint to have been able to add my own contribution (I don't even have a spare fiver these days) but the spirit was willing.
Maybe next time.

Good luck on the day, and I'm looking forward to reading the write-up.

CK & AK
06-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Cheers :)

I keep watching the weather forecast & crossing my fingers we wont need wets for Sunday.....

CK :)

CK & AK
08-09-2013, 12:43 PM
For anyone interested, not only did the lad get out - in the 15 min qualifying an hour ago, he got 4th place overall on the fully subscribed grid, so is on front row :cool:

Will update how this afternoon's racing goes, as soon as I get the info :)

However - its started to rain there.... not good :(

Albie
08-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Brilliant stuff. Thanks for news update and hope he at least gets on the podium.

craigie
08-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Excellent!

CK & AK
08-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Race 1 (of 2).

Connor started 4th on the grid, led into the 1st bend into Paddock.
Missed a gear soon after & dropped to 7th....
Managed to claw his way back up to finish 4th overall - and 1st litre bike over the line (3 x 600's were in front).

A ruddy good start for them there, particularly as less than 5 mins before he was due out that had to change tyres for wets & he had to use part worns. Well done to AK, Connors dad Chris - and Kato in getting both wheels swapped so quickly!

Race 2 is right at the end of the day, will report back when I have news, but Connor wishes to pass on his thanks to everyone here who has helped to give him his 'ride of the year' :cool:

craigie
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Good lad!!

Albie
08-09-2013, 02:22 PM
That's a good result in my book. Well done all

Darkness
08-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Race 1 (of 2).

Connor started 4th on the grid, led into the 1st bend into Paddock.
Missed a gear soon after & dropped to 7th....
Managed to claw his way back up to finish 4th overall :cool:

Well done Connor. Nice and steady now:spin::spin:

CK & AK
08-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Race 2: Connor sped off the line like a ferret up a drain pipe & led them all into Paddock Hill. Unfortunately, towards the end of lap 1, the bike developed a miss-fire. Conner struggled for another lap dropping down the field, and then brought the bike into pitlane to visit Alan. Took a little while to sort out but got the bike back out there but too late to do anything as he had missed 4 laps. Big shame as could have been on course to grab a potential double for the litre class. Thats racing tho....

Many thanks to all those who helped to get Connor out there this weekend, so much appreciated

He's now staying on with Alan as there is the Ducati UK trackday there over the GP track tomorrow so they can have a day chilling & watching the machinery :)

Photos & full race write-up to come soon :cool:

Albie
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Shame that happened but that's the way it goes. I personally am mighty pleased and if I can help out again I hope to. If I have time tomorrow I will try to pop into brands again with my camera in the afternoon.
Well done to all

AndyC_772
08-09-2013, 09:28 PM
So much for not needing wets - we've just about managed to warm up and dry out after this afternoon's pouring rain.

It didn't stop the racing from going ahead, though, and here's a few highlights:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=17280&d=1378675559

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=17281&d=1378675571

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=17282&d=1378675576

Congratulations to Connor on a great result in the first race, shame about the mechanical failure later on in the day, but that's just one of those things that can't be helped. We had a great day anyway, hope you did too.

CK & AK
09-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Andy, many thanks for the photos :cool: (you can see Connor had a different coloured bike earlier this year, can't you - going from his leathers! ;) )

I've tried to get AK to talk Connor into riding at the last Thundersport GB meeting in late October at Donington. We've lots AK can ebay before then :) (if he can bear to be parted from the 2 valve stuff!)

Connor & AK were doing a race report last night whilst at Brands, hopefully its on AK's laptop, so I can edit tonight when they get home & then put up on here :)

CK

ps: Bigger UKMOC stickers needed please Slob! (you can only just see these just above the KRRTeam logo)

AndyC_772
09-09-2013, 07:18 AM
(you can see Connor had a different coloured bike earlier this year, can't you - going from his leathers! ;) )

<----- Green bikes are faster! ;)

CK & AK
09-09-2013, 10:08 AM
<----- Green bikes are faster! ;)

not necessarily ;)

They are all only as fast as the eejit on the bars will go to......