PDA

View Full Version : 2014 MotoGP Commentators

bluestoesonnose
24-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Just a thought, who do you think will be commentating on BT Sport MotoGP next year.

Expecting a truck load of sour grapes now...

dam
25-08-2013, 12:05 PM
As long as its not Charlie "kids at play" Cox!

Pomp1
25-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Should be me and a bottle of wine. Can probably do a better job than any of them.

bluestoesonnose
25-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Ha ha ha, like it

So not Toby and Julian then?

I hope they start to do the Sky / BBC tech F1 type stuff. Ok it's a bit lightweight but better than nothing

gary tompkins
25-08-2013, 10:21 PM
They have a habit of employing feckwits as MotoGP commentators

I solve the problem with the mute button

Dirty
25-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Cox and Parrish are perfect for me. Won't be the same without them.

utopia
25-08-2013, 11:41 PM
I must admit that I think Parrish is ok.
In fact more than ok. I can't think of many that would be better.
And you have to remember that he's commentating for the general public, not just bike fans, so he has to appeal to a wide audience.
He certainly has extensive experience going back about 40yrs, and has ridden motoGP in the days of killer circuits and killer two strokes with no electronic moderation.
Can't see why some people (on other forums perhaps) seem not to like what he does.
I agree, it won't be the same without him.
Cox can get a bit annoying though.

However, for superbikes, Whitham and Burnicle make a great team.
Their coverage of the final BSB round at Brands when Tommy Hill won the championship was classic.
But I hope they don't move up to motoGP.

Max and wine would be ok, but I might be unable to fathom his accent towards the bottom of the bottle.

Pomp1
26-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Max and wine would be ok, but I might be unable to fathom his accent towards the bottom of the bottle.

I find wine works on a Bell Curve for my English. So if I plan the second bottle by the time the green light go off we should be OK till the end of the race..