PDA

View Full Version : Radar Run

Mr Gazza
19-08-2013, 09:35 PM
How about this for a plan..??

Neatished Radar Museum is open on the second Saturday of each month.

http://www.radarmuseum.co.uk/

The next Saturday opening falls on Sept 14th.

I am suggesting that we meet at North Walsham and then ride via Bacton, Stalham, Catfield or Potter then Ludham and on to Neatishead.

Entry is £6 per adult or £5 in a group. I suggest that we go on one of the guided tours as these are highly educational and are done by ex staff of the base..I found it quite emotional the last time. being a child of the Cold War.

If the weather turns out to be totally foul on the day we can easily keep the date with the Museum and just have a meet there with or without the bikes...And have a natter about if we want to meet up as a Norfolk group again..?

I appreciate that some folk work on Saturdays, but I'm thinking that diaries should be fairly free mid September............Waddaya say.????????????????

StevieL
22-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi Gazza only problem I can see is that there was no mention of the New Inn, The Swan or the Ferry which are all in Horning a couple of miles from the museum, that aside and work permitting you are pencilled in be good to meet up atb Steve

Mr Gazza
22-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Ha ha ha... Consider them mentioned Stevie...Oh how I missed your avatar..!!

I will get some more form on this idea if there are any more takers..

Thanks for the support Stevie.

StevieL
24-08-2013, 11:54 AM
No problem hopefully you will get more support are Mohawk and Richard up for this and don't forget the Monster in Catfield be nice to get something in place for a fortnightly or monthly meet up over the winter months atb Steve

Mr Gazza
24-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Yes Mohawk is behind this idea, and hopfully she and Richard will be coming.

I am hoping to message all the Norfolk people with Mohawk's help, so we should get a reasonable turnout.

I would be into the idea of some Winter meets, as you suggest maybe monthly. Come to think of it Horning would not be a bad place for that....Something to chat about when we meet.

I am thinking we could meet up at 11am at North Walsham Town Clock in the Market place, but I haven't been through the Market Place for years, so I don't know if you can still stop at the Clock?...Don't go till you read the very last post..!

Mohawk
24-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Gazza I'd be up for a run out. I'll watch for final details of where you decide to meet. Cheers

Mr Gazza
08-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I have had some words with the Curator of the Museum.
It turns out that it is now Museum policy to not pre-book the guided tours, but he assures me that if we arrive by 12 noon or thereabouts, we will be fairly certain of all going on the 12.30 tour of the Museum.

So I have timed the run and checked to see if we can meet at North Walsham Town Clock.

Final arrangement...Meet at North Walsham Town Clock (first end of the Market Place via one way system) At 11am Sat 14th Sept.

Aim to push off by 11.15am.

Arrive at Neatished Radar Museum for around 12.

Tours take about an hour and a half apparently but seemed to go much quicker the last time I went round....It's just such a fantasticly poigniant take on our local part in Global history...You'll see..!

I couldn't help but try out the run on a balmy warm evening, and I think you will like it.
The twisties make up for all the speed limits that wern't there when I was a boy, but they will give you a chance to catch me..:chuckle:

Let's hope for a dry day..!

PM me your Mobile number in case foul weather threatens the run...See you there.

Mr Gazza
10-09-2013, 09:16 PM
The weather is really not looking very promising at all for Saturday, which will be very disappointing indeed.
I for one do not intend to get soaked and then squelch all the way round the Museum all afternoon.

Here is a really cool way to see where it is raining...http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/sparham/nr9-5/weather-radar/709222

If you are coming on the run please PM me your mobile no. so I can let you know if I chicken out due to the weather.

I would still like to see you all at Neatished at 12, even if we cannot ride there. It will be good to get together...better still to have a ride out.

Mohawk
10-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah Gazza the weather forecast is not looking promising for Saturday. I was planning to go for the ride but skip the museum and catch up with you again after your tour. Many takers? :-)

Mr Gazza
10-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Yup.! everything crossed for the weather, Mohawk.

Stevie and yourself up for it for sure...any chance you could bang the jungle drum again and remind those folk who responded before..?...If this one gets washed out, I reckon that will be it untill next season..:grump:

Cheers

Gazza

StevieL
11-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi Gazza as you say the forecast is pretty dire I'm not into squelching either so may well meet you all at Neatishead will pm you my mobile tomorrow atb Steve

StevieL
12-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Gazza you have pm atb Steve

Mr Gazza
12-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks Steve.

Text waiting to go to you when I find a signal.

There seems to be a some hope with the weather...Just have to wait and see.

Unfortunatly my forks developed a rather loud squeak this evening. If I had a choice I would strip them and make sure they had not run dry, although there is no sign that they have leaked in the last 300 miles...unless they were dry when it came home to me?

Damping appears to be working too, so a bit of a mystery as to what is causing the squeak.

I will have to decide if I think another 60 odd miles will do any permanent damage..:cry:

Mr Gazza
13-09-2013, 08:45 PM
The weather forcast for Saturday indicates that heavy rain will ease off by 1 OClock.

I am somwhat concerned about the ominous noise from my lovely fully adjustable forks which I am told contain Ohlins internals..??. So I want to preserve those for a few Summers yet to come.

So sorry folks, but events have conspired to scupper the run.

If any one still wishes to have a look round the museum tomorrow please PM me,
I think it would be better all round to re-schedule this one for a later date..??

Mohawk
13-09-2013, 10:25 PM
yeah weather's been a bit of a mare recently. I'd another soaking this evening :-(

Hopefully see you soon Gazza :-)