PDA

View Full Version : Yet more good and bad stuffs

bluestoesonnose
12-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Good things:
Louigi Moto had the used parts I needed to get the M750 back on the road and for a very reasonable price. Very happy :) :) :D

Bad things:
For the third time in three day's I've witnessed a bike accident. All three times it was low speed, dry roads and it was the motorcyclist fault, or "rider error" if you will.

I don't wish to imply I'm a bad omen or anything... However, chaps and Chapesses, please be careful out there. Take time to think before you act, if it all does go wrong it'll 99.99% of the time hurt you more than it will anyone else.

LVC
13-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Seems to be the sunny weather is melting people's brains.

I followed an idiot on a sports bike the other day, shorts, trainers, light sweat-shirt, gloves and a lid - he had no idea I was behind him and scared the crap out of him when overtook him having eventually getting cheesed off with him swerving all over the place.

I guess he thought as he was riding fast then there was no possibility of anyone behind him so he didn't think to check his mirrors - except there was, me in my Scooby.

I hate seeing bad bikers during the summer months over here, winds me up and as President of the biggest bike club in the area I seem to spend all of my time apologising for or trying to defend bikers who are giving us all a bad rep.

So yes +1 with "bluestoesonnose" and ride safe everyone and don't let the sun melt away your good riding habits.

scrapps
13-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Yes there is always a few idiots trying to destroy any good image for bikes and bikers by doing silly things (maybe I did a few when younger)
But its not just bikes and bikers, plenty of idiots in cars (boy/girl racers) and lots of young yobs spoiling things for well behaved teens.
It seems there is always a few showing up the rest of any group of people.

jerry
14-08-2013, 04:28 PM
dry roads can be just as treacherous as wet , greasy , oily roads,, sand or dust can cause sudden loss of grip and control as can gravel ,, etc etc :thumbsup:remember brain on ,brakes off clutch out

bluestoesonnose
14-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Motorcyclist died last night here in Bristol. Think before you act...

pte1643
14-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Most people don't know the half (or rather, don't want to believe).

I tried a similar "Welfare Warning" on another bike forum I used to frequent, but was quite comprehensively shot down in flames. I don't bother using that forum anymore, they all acted like they could out ride Lorenzo, Rossi, Haga, Foggy, Doohan, Gardener, Schwantz (delete as you see fit, for the appropriate preferred time frame).

We deal with a bike accident almost everyday, roughly approx statistics are 33% split between Minor, Serious and Fatal.

There was two in one day here last weekend... One was fatal, the other resulted in a written off 848.

Maybe I should add... I work for the Ambulance Service.

peatrich
14-08-2013, 09:45 PM
To warn people on a forum about what to wear or how to ride implies other people on the forum are not as intelligent or as well informed, or have the same amount of common sense as you. Its so patronising. Everybody who watches any form of news knows riders keep getting killed riding bikes and make their own minds up what to wear and how to ride. thats their choice until the law changes. On a climbing forum I'm a member of, somebody warned everyone to drink water and wear sun cream in the hot weather. I'm not six years old and I don't need another Mum, I have one, its called the government...

Dirty
14-08-2013, 10:16 PM
One of the major hazards of summer in my opinion is nothing to do with the road and is quite capable of injuring both car drivers and bike riders. I'm talking about the menace of skimpy summer clothes worn by selfish and irresponsible women! I'm carrying quite a painful neck strain from such an incident and it never gets the chance to heal due to being aggravated every day by more of these uncaring citizens! :)

Black Bob
14-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Are motorbikes dangerous then?

****ing hell - wish someone had told me before I wasted all that money on one.

peatrich
14-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Are motorbikes dangerous then?

****ing hell - wish someone had told me before I wasted all that money on one.

Only if you don't ride them fast enough...

bluestoesonnose
15-08-2013, 05:11 AM
..............qed....................

jerry
15-08-2013, 10:23 AM
A biker was killed by a deer in Sussex 2 days ago near lewes ,,,

Black Bob
15-08-2013, 10:51 AM
A biker was killed by a deer in Sussex 2 days ago near lewes ,,,

My condolences - that really sucks.

But I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with that information?

Other than accept that, no matter how careful you are, if you choose to ride at anything more that 40mph, you can be taken out at any time, without warning, by some wildlife.

(I say 40mph because, apparently, anything below that and the wildlife can judge your speed and avoid you. Anything faster and they haven't got a clue.)