PDA

View Full Version : What price 2006 CAT C S4Rs no red key?

salty
10-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Right.

2006 Pearl White S4Rs CAT C with no red key 13 000 miles. CAT C based on cost of repairs not integral damage.

Full 50mm Termi exhaust system.
DP Carbon Belly Pan
DP Clutch Plate.
DP Open Clutch Cover.

All original parts included.

?

magiolla
10-08-2013, 12:28 PM
What all damage has been done?Any pics?

salty
10-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Apologies no photos at present as I'm overseas.

Bike needed new headlight, clutch lever and handlebars to be serviceable.

There is a scratch on one fork and superficial damage/scuffing to left side engine cover and some of the pipework.

Tank had a paint chip which has been fixed.

CAT C with no red key sounds like an invitation to run for the hills but the bike runs/performs as it should. Interested to see what people thought I could get for it complete before I go down the road of stripping it. Being overseas quite regularly means I'd rather sell it complete?

slob
10-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Depends on why you want it. If you're looking for a keeper you could get a bargain. If you want to make a profit, you'll have trouble shifting it.

Albie
10-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Is it Deans ex S4rs sold last year with the humorous Cat C thread. I would think that had a red key with it though. Now that bike was a good one despite all the annoying irritation that went with it.

Would I buy a bike without RED KEY ?? Yes if it was cheaper and in good fettle and I wouldn't lose out if I had to move it on in tight circumstances.

Link to thread to check

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=45265&highlight=Cat

Prepare yourself..........

Gilps
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Can't be worth more than 1500 tops.

bluestoesonnose
10-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Think you've got to look at the price of parts. Headlights S/H seem to go for £100, bars. not seen a set of S4R bars for sale, clutch lever £50.00

Tempting with those toys on it.

Just the red key thing, would make me worry a little. But that's just me. £1,500 does seem cheep but there is the fear of the unknown

gemantsdad
10-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi,the red key missing isn,t a great worry,send clocks and a black key to motomatrix in Welshpool,they will sort it,supply another new key and a red key,all returned in about three days,I think it costs about £85,Tony.

Albie
10-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Think you've got to look at the price of parts. Headlights S/H seem to go for £100, bars. not seen a set of S4R bars for sale, clutch lever £50.00

Tempting with those toys on it.

Just the red key thing, would make me worry a little. But that's just me. £1,500 does seem cheep but there is the fear of the unknown

The way I read it is that's been done already.

If the red key can be redone great so factor in £200 in case. BUT the resale value will always be lower unless your not as honest as you should be. But like everything as posted in the thread I linked if we drop our bike and fix it ourselves without insurance getting involved whether a slight drop or £1000 one it never goes on record to say its been involved in an accident so not category. As far as I am concerned if it looks and rides well and you want it buy it and look after it. No one questions cars as much as bikes either.
If its less than £3000 its a bargain.

salty
10-08-2013, 04:16 PM
No, it's not that bike although the reason for the write off was similar in respect of the cost of replacing every scratched part was factored into the insurance quote hence the write off.

Interesting reading though! For the record it will be sold as CAT C regardless of where it gets advertised but I digress...

It was insured for £6500 and I took £5300 and the bike so was happy enough (as much as you can be).

Wouldn't sell it for £1500 even though that would cover the insurance deficit.

Worth more than that in parts but appreciate the feedback.

bluestoesonnose
10-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Well if you break it...

Albie
10-08-2013, 04:42 PM
No, it's not that bike although the reason for the write off was similar in respect of the cost of replacing every scratched part was factored into the insurance quote hence the write off.

Interesting reading though! For the record it will be sold as CAT C regardless of where it gets advertised but I digress...

It was insured for £6500 and I took £5300 and the bike so was happy enough (as much as you can be).

Wouldn't sell it for £1500 even though that would cover the insurance deficit.

Worth more than that in parts but appreciate the feedback.

I misread that it was for sale. I apologise for that :twak:. Its worth what you can get for it like Deans who's was in really nice condition be it involved in the accident. Its definitely worth 4K in parts for sure and like Rally your being honest in the facts. I thought his was worth every penny of 5K because its condition and virtually unmarked and all the damage fixed. I hope you get a good price for it as cracking bikes. Forks and rear shock worth £1-1500 alone.

Dirty
12-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Just to give you an idea this one looks pretty nice (if claims are true) but only got bid to £3k and failed to make reserve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Monster-S4R-Blue-with-White-stripe-Hardly-Used-/171093374952?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=vR6rU9eY7PaUHcGnMpjGMLIXeKA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Rally
13-08-2013, 05:54 AM
I bought Deanos bike (That one Albie is referring too) for under 2k. It had over 2k's worth of bits put onto it to put it into A1 condition. (Thankfully, most of those bits were available from Dean, as they had been swopped for bling before the accident. exhaust, indicators, footpegs etc) so it was a smaller repair bill. It was then sold at the bargain price of £4500. It has since changed hands again for a similar figure.
It did have everything with it, including books and red key. Two owners when sold.

And before someone jumps in with both feet, Dean and I split the profit accordingly.

Chromiumballs
13-08-2013, 09:25 AM
I've got bars & clutch lever, if you need them.

bluestoesonnose
13-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Sure a chap in Cornwall was looking for a set of tapered bars... Has an S2R 1000, damed if I can remember his nick name

Funkatronic
13-08-2013, 05:44 PM
i have a mint unused set of s4rs/s4r testastretta bars